DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Three Canoes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nightfall at the lake in Moelln...

[Image: 319_DSC_0098_framed.jpg]
The blue is lovely here and the light. Do you have any more photos of these boats from other angles?
No, sorry. We were on an excursion with a group of people and I was already lagging behind. I had to hurry... Sad
Excellent G.

Superb composition.. The angle and severe crop of the canoes works really well, and of course the colour is what really brings the image alive.

It's a shame there wasn't something small out in the river that these three canoes (and the jetty) could be "pointing" towards. That would have been the cherry on top of a wonderful cake.
Have you tried flipping it left-to-right to see if it works better?

ooo. and a very minor niggle.. the horizon doesn't appear to be straight! tsk tsk tsk Tongue
I'm a straight horizon stickler too. I'll also ad a tsk tsk tsk! Anyway, it is a nice image but again, I'm finding the image dark. Sorry G. Sad
Nice composition! Might be a touch dark / blue for my liking though... Big Grin
I love the dark! Big Grin Gives it a nice moody feel.
Kombisaurus Wrote:I love the dark! Big Grin Gives it a nice moody feel.

Thanks, man! Smile

My personal opinion is that just because the camera tries to make every picture average gray, I don't have to go with that. I want some indication of the real world light situation in my pictures, and when it's getting dark, I turn the exposure bias down sometimes to preserve the mood.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who took the time to comment. I appreciate your opinions even when I don't share them. Smile