DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: The Interpreter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wife received some free tickets to the movies, so we went to watch The Interpreter. I really enjoyed it - it was a political thriller type movie with plot twists and gripping suspenseful moments. There were a few african cultural references and deep meanings and stuff which was quite cool. Acting by Nicole Kidman was top notch - and she managed to pull off a South African accent pretty convincingly (my previous pastor's wife was from South Africa, and I swear that I could hear her talking).

Anyone else seen it? Comments / thoughts?

We went to watch it in the Gold Class cinemas by the way - those where you have the comfy padded recliner chairs in an exclusive (albeit smaller) cinema, and have waiters that bring you food and drinks. Do you guys have those as well?
Waiters? :o No we don't. Not that I've ever seen. Holy cow! Haven't seen the movie yet. Looking forward to it though. Sean Penn does some fantasic stuff.
We have La Premiere here in Perth, closest thing to what you decribed ... unlimited pop corn and soda Big Grin http://hoyts.ninemsn.com.au/cinema/lapremiere.asp

They have started serving hot finger food too.
I was thinking of taking the boss to The Hitch hikers Guide to the Galaxy this weekend, hopefully it will be on one of the mega screens.
I've heard really good reports about the Hitchhiker's guide and can't wait to see it... I loved the books when I read them as a kid!

I scored some leftover freebie tickets to a preview of "Kingdom of Heaven" today so I'm going to see that with a friend tonight!

I normally don't go in for all this knights-in-armour stuff, but I'm really quite interested in the crusades themselves. My all-time favourite book is "A Booke of Days" which is the journal of a french duke who lived through and documented his experiences in the first crusade, and since reading it I really prick my ears up when I see something about them.
Kombisaurus Wrote:I've heard really good reports about the Hitchhiker's guide and can't wait to see it... I loved the books when I read them as a kid!

I scored some leftover freebie tickets to a preview of "Kingdom of Heaven" today so I'm going to see that with a friend tonight!

From what I've heard, the Hitchiiker's in no way lives up to the book or the radio series. Sorry, just setting your expectations. Smile

I love those knight fighting movies - I loved Gladiator, so I hope Kingdom of Heaven won't be a let down (same director)...
I think I will go anyway. The reports I read said it was quite good.