DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Warning--Schaeffer is getting a LOMO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought I would warn you guys that my daughter-in-law bought me a Lomo camera in Japan. She promised to present it this week or next. P_repare for some poor quality Lomo images.

--Don
If there was ever anybody that I would pick to do something creative with a Lomo - you would be that guy.
Never heard of one. Are thay really that pitiful?
hello Don Is that Lomograghic brand ? one of the famous Russian cameras.. if so the quality isn't that bad..Colin
Awesome!

It's a whole art form of its own, based on dirt cheap cameras with endearingly "poor quality" optics, which give the photos the characteristic look.

Info on lomo and lomography here:
http://www.lomography.com/about/index_story.php
I don't know --frankly I saw the camera but didn't get a chance to try it. My daughter in law bought in in Japan. She's preparing it for me. I expect to get it next week. It's got 4 lenses and takes a photo sequence on one frame of 35 mm film.

--Don
oohh... action sampler, nice one Don.

each lens is fires a split second after the other creating 4 different images on each quarter of a single frame of 35mm film. There are the "clones" which look similar but have all 4 lenses firing at the same time making the same image 4 times on each quarter of a single frame of 35mm film.

poor optics or not, these things are great! i occasionally use a Holga 120S and it's amazing what kind of images these plastic "toys" can produce.
Thanks patch. I'm looking forward to playing with it.

--Don
I think LOMO would be the perfect style for you Don!
It would be an excuse for my lousy sharpness.

--Don
My camera is a Lomograph. It has 4 lenses and goes Bzzzzzztwhen you press the shutter button. You wide it with a thumb screw and rewind with a crank. You have to tape the film in when you start a new roll. This is kitchy fun.

--Don
Sounds are good. For me, with compact digicams I get a bit let down by the almost silent shutter and fake shutter sound. Give me a good solid mechanical clunk (or bzzzt) anyday. Big Grin
Let's see if this thing works. The frustrating thing is I have to take a whole roll of film and bring it in for processing.

--Don