DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: storms in the west
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey how did everyone from WA fair in the mini tornado's that went through there??? Saw it on the news last night.........didn't look good! Hope all are well

cheers
Thanks for your concern Russt...

Personally... I slept through the whole thing and had no idea there even WAS a big storm until I saw it on the news later today... but it explained why the power went off while I was asleep and reset my alarm clock. Big Grin
But I saw some footage on the news of Bicton primary school that was basically destroyed, and that's less than 10 minutes from where I live, and my neighbour across the road was telling me how it woke him up and scared his kids.. and how friends of his who live nearby lost tiles off their roof and so on. So it seems there was a bit of a storm going on around me... Yes.. I'm a heavy sleeper!

I think the south-west of WA was the hardest hit though wasn't it?... So I hope Urban Wombat is OK in Albany if the storm came through there... they get very strong winds down there at the best of times!

hmmm.. we also had a water-main break on Friday and flood the Kwinana freeway, causing absolute chaos for all south-bound traffic out of the city... with some people reporting that it took them 7 hours to get home! (I could believe it - I gave up after an hour and a half of going nowhere and went back to work to wait until late)...

They say things happen in threes... I wonder what the third thing will be? Sad
Hi Kombi..

The Albany report.. Strong winds 'n rain .. but no damage.. in the last big storm ( about 3 weeks ago) there was plenty of damage.... in the council strip in front of my place there are a couple of very large gum trees.. one has developed a slight tilt.. so in the next few day it will be removed.. lucky it didn't fall down in the latest storm. Col
Other then nearly losing my pool blanket, it was all good here Smile

Heading to work on Stock Road was another story though, traffic lights were out for 1/2 the drive, fallen trees everywhere, and a skip bin upside down on the right lane. Felt like a rally driver yesterday. Big Grin
Lots of wind and rain and a few lightning bolts fairly close to home....but apart from that nothing. Even the plastic chairs in the yard stayed put. They were protected by the house though as most of my yard is on the east side of the house! Big Grin
Good to hear you guys were ok - I saw it on the news too! Now, I wonder how adam, StudioJ, peter, lak, Loopy and others are doing...
wayney Wrote:Other then nearly losing my pool blanket, it was all good here Smile

Heading to work on Stock Road was another story though, traffic lights were out for 1/2 the drive, fallen trees everywhere, and a skip bin upside down on the right lane. Felt like a rally driver yesterday. Big Grin

we don't have traffic lights in Albany.. only roundabouts and they always work not like Perth's TL's Col
i'm ok! peter and adam should be too. I think only the south got hit badly, because it was a fairly normal day for me.
Good to hear! Big Grin
Thats good that everyone faired ok!
Storms are on their way back by the sound of things. I was coming back from Ravenswood (half way between Perth and where the worst weather was) and driving with the rain flying straight towards me was reminiscent of watching a sci-fi film where they activate their warp drive. Lots of aquaplaning on that trip. When the second batch hit at 6am the next morning there was an inch and a half of sediment on the outdoor table and chair legs, talk about flash flooding.