DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Test your skills!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I've stumbled across this brain teaser game thing which is actually really hard!
http://deathball.net/notpron/notpron.htm

It's problem solving and looking for clues in the picture, in conjunction with some googling and sneaky tactics.

Let's see if we can solve it together! I'm up to level 7...

There are walkthroughs on the net though, but if you succumb to peeking, it takes the fun out of it.

Maybe let's not reveal the answers, but rather drop hints.. Big Grin
grrrr.. now see what you've done Jules! I won't be able to put it down now! Big Grin

I got up to level 11 before I forced myself to go do something constructive instead of puzzles. Big Grin

Hint for level 7: The word you want is German.

Hint for level 8: Like shuttertalk, this solution has something to offer both photographers and musicians, particularly those with hair extensions.

Hint for level 9: This answer is simpler than it might seem.. you don't need google.

Hint for level 10: Another one for the musicians... but you will have to listen to this the "evil way".

Hopefully those clues are cryptic enough but still a bit helpful. Smile

Its a good puzzle ST - really nicely put together. I wish there was a "mute" button for the background ambient sound though.. or that it only played once. It gets a bit annoying when I'm trying to listen to music in the background.
Hehe glad you're enjoying it. I got up to 10 before I had to watch some TV to get my mind off it.. Big Grin
I must admit though that I had to "cheat" for lvl 7 because I couldn't recognise what the candy wrapper was. It may be an american product , and I'm not too familiar with those.
I couldn't recognize the candy wrapper either ... and it's more-or-less essential to solving the puzzle (as well as the other more obvious clues, like the address.)

Also there are some hints in the source code for level 7:

<!-- times have changed in deutschland -->

<!--what candy wrapper is it?-->
Yeah I spotted those... but like you said, I had trouble identifying the candy wrapper... Big Grin
Well, I must be a complete moron - I can't solve any of these puzzles without a hint.

I am trapped at #6 right now where there is a valve - and a bunch of rubbish about ALTs and ASCII code. I know what all that is and know how to translate from ASCII - but can't figure out what to translate.
Hmmm.. Beat my head against this for hours and then found the solution - 45 seconds after posting my rant...
Thanks for the link ST its got me sucked in now :/

Toad I am glad I am not the only one stuck at 6 I hope I find it 45seconds after I post this........ Sad
well if you look a time difference between posts its been about 45 mins not seconds........
yeah found the code this game is a "waste of time"

must get off and get suck into the jobs around the house....... :o