DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Painting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We're having our house professionally painted at the moment, and things certainly look different! I've been there since mid last week, but today was the first time my wife has seen the feature walls and everything come together.

There has been quite substantial cosmetic changes - we had old style lamps and ceiling fans removed, and spotlights put in, as well as a colour scheme change. Most of the walls are a cream colour and white ceiling, but in certain spots, such as the master bedroom, family room, lounge and entryway, we've made one of the walls a "feature" colour...

Painting
[Image: DSCF4316.preview.JPG]

Me in the entryway, looking towards the family area
[Image: DSCF4309.preview.JPG]

The family area. Like the feature wall? It's called "forest fruit pink"
[Image: DSCF4307.preview.JPG]

The lounge room. This feature wall colour is called "yarwood". I installed the lights yesterday, myself!
[Image: DSCF4308.preview.JPG]

Our kitchen, and our first meal at our new place - chinese takeaway! Big Grin
[Image: DSCF4305.preview.JPG]

It's all coming together - we're planning to move in this Sunday. Right now we're busy packing and cleaning and running around organising various things... so apologies if I'm not around here as much as I should be. One of the first things I did was to arrange for a DSL connection in the new place, so I should be Shuttertalking again in no time. Hehe - got to get my priorities right. Big Grin
Looking good Smile I have the same lights in my study and lounge room Wink
It is looking REALLY good. I have that same red as a feature wall on the main staircase in my house.
Great look Jules. I like colour not run of the mill white and off white. The place is looking good. Big Grin
Thanks everyone! I'll take more pics once I get settled in and have more favourable conditions...

Glad you don't think the colour choices are eccentric! Big Grin
Very cool Jules Smile

And guess what! I also have a couple of feature walls in my house painted in Dulux "Yarwood"... and I gotta say that it is the best colour EVER!

It goes on brilliantly - fantastic consistency and cover - it barely needs a 2nd coat.

It has this cool effect of changing colour with the light. It looks like a purple in daylight, and a brown in tungsten light.

It goes with loads of different colours. I use it for two features in my main living area, and have a painting in a gold frame on one wall, and a large drawing in a silver frame on the other. The yarwood background makes them look stunning - I'm so happy with it.

And the rest of your painting is also looking great, as is the lights Smile

Cheers
Adrian
Kombisaurus Wrote:And guess what! I also have a couple of feature walls in my house painted in Dulux "Yarwood"... and I gotta say that it is the best colour EVER!

Haha, what a coincidence! I agree with the colour changing thing - in the night / shadow area it looks almost purplish, but under spotlights / sunlight, it has a rusty brown colour... very cool.

The painting is all done and it looks awesome - the painters did an exceptional job. Last weekend we focused on the backyard - had some people from church come round to help with cutting back some overgrown creepers on the fence. We removed so much foliage that it filled up a 9 cubic metre trailer and the rubbish removalist just managed to fit everything in. Big Grin

We also went furniture shopping yesterday and bought ourselves a beige leather lounge suite to go in the "forest fruit pink" family room. Good thing for 24 months intrest free finance.. Big Grin

Housewarming in 2 weeks - if anyone is in Melbourne - feel free to drop by Big Grin Big Grin