DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Going to Malaysia on a Holiday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to Malaysia on a holiday in about 2 weeks and like to know if anyone knows of good places to visit in Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Langkawi. Also good places to shop (expecially for camera gear Wink )
I am sorry, Wayney. I don't know the place. I look forward to seeing your pictures Smile

Enjoy your holliday Smile
Sorry, I'm not so familiar with KL, Penang and Langkawi.
I've only been to Penang once... a long time ago. and just remember being able to drive from one side of the island to the other very quickly, and this super long bridge from mainland to the island. I also remember eating and eating and eating Smile

As for KL, on my most recent trip there I mostly went shopping in places like Sungei Wang, Sunway Pyramid, KLCC; but for sightseeing I'm unsure!

Most of the time when I go to Malaysia, I stay in Malacca which has many historical buildings and places; Stadhuys (the pink coloured buildings), the portuguese settlement, the fort, a famosa... I wish to go there at the end of the year and take photographs of these (now that I've got a nice camera to use!); mmm all these holiday thoughts are nice, when I'm in the library now supposed to be studying!!! haha

Anyway, back to the topic of good places to visit, what sort of places do you want to see? A lot of shopping and food! heheeeee
I'd like to see something different off the beaten track Smile Shopping and food sound good, though my wife would make a beeline to the nearest hotel resteraunt or maccas. ( I eat just about anything Wink ) I think we might make our way up Cameron Highlands, maybe see some Orang Asli + village *shrug* and see what else there is.
Have a great trip and good luck finding what you want to see Smile
Good luck and travell safe. Bring back lots of photos. Smile