DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Toad's Photo Exhibition Opens...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My photo exhibition opened yesterday with the official grand opening (meet the artist) happening tomorrow night. It goes until the end of June.

Wish me luck!
Good luck! Smile
See you there. Big Grin
Big news: 3 sold already!!
Awesome! Wish I could be there! Big Grin

How does it feel to be an "artist"? Big Grin
Toad Wrote:Big news: 3 sold already!!

Hey, thats awesome. Congrats Toadster.
I won't make the opening, but I will make a trip over just to check out your showing. Great job!
Let me know when you come Jerry - the beers are on me.

How does it feel to be an artist? Not sure - only been one a few hours...
Great news, good luck for the remaining exhibitiion Toad Smile
It is a pity I can't visit your exposition. I would love to do it. I wish you all the success Smile
Good job! Fantastic! Bravo! Cool
Fabulous, do we get to see some of the pictures you are using?
Sure Peted>

This is the group...

http://www.pbase.com/willdabeest/exhibition

"Texas Windmill", "Monautre Door" and "Survival" have already sold.

Best
Toad
Interesting which ones were sold... were they all priced the same? And the same size?

I would have purchased "brasserie", "bridge and reeds", "vertigo" and also "tree in the snow". Big Grin
Grand opening last night. Exceeded my expectations - about 50 people attended. I sold 2 more works - "Brasserie" and "Annapolis Royal" for a total of 5 out of 15 sold now after 2 days.

I had 2 solid nibbles on "Vertigo", but no red dot yet.

All the framed prints are roughly 16x20 although they vary a bit.. They are priced from $185 to $225 Canadian depending on my own subjective idea of how well they will sell. Most are $225 and 3 of the 5 sales were at this price point..

Pretty much all the works were well received - the ones that got the most interest from people judging by comments were "Texas Windmill", "Brasserie" and"Vertigo". The big surprsie to me was no serious buying interest in "Tree in the Snow" (now renamed "New Year's Day") as I felt this would be one of the first to go.

A bunch of us went for beers afterwards. A good time was had by all.

Update: just got a call - looks like a buyer is interested in 2 more: "Water Street" and "New Year's Day".
shuttertalk Wrote:Interesting which ones were sold...

Yeah - it kind of surprises me a bit too. One thing - you really can't tell from the online versions. Some of them look really different when they are printed large, matted, and framed.

"Brasserie", for example, has been posted both here and at ADI to very limited response (none at ADI). But it was the run away hit of the show when it was properly mounted and displayed.

I also rejected some of my initial choices for the show because they lost impact when printed - they just looked much better backlit on a monitor.
Hey this is all great news Toad!
We can all say "we knew you when ... "
Congratulations Toad. I am very happy for you Smile Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I like all your pictures, but "Bridge and Reeds" it the one that has captivated me since the very fist time I saw it.
Every success with the exhibition Toad! Great job, I would be proud to have any of those hanging on my wall. I really like how you push the post processing with your shots, you do it very well.
I recognize most of the shots from this forum and if I had to pick……..
Survival…………..it’s just so simple, Annapolis Royal………contrast! And my wife just loves Tree in the snow.

Cheers Russ