DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Slej's new acoustic.........................
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I cant actually write about Slej's new acoustic, so I'll wait to hear from Slej himself.
Meanwhile, I can tell you that I can now write in this forum on the new, (to me), subject of 6 string guitar, (elementary level). So. There you are. Tongue
Rufus Wrote:Well, I cant actually write about Slej's new acoustic, so I'll wait to hear from Slej himself.
Meanwhile, I can tell you that I can now write in this forum on the new, (to me), subject of 6 string guitar, (elementary level). So. There you are. Tongue

Did I ever tell you I'd studied Classical Guitar in London, Spanish Guitar Centre, and I still have my 1968 Petersen B guitar.

I was useless - got the shove by my tutor who said I wasn't "strident enough" Big Grin

I never play now. My fingertips and nails are too soft and I doubt that I could even remember the scales/frets and fingering, let alone play them.

Good luck with the new instrument though. I'm sure Julian Bream is feeling very threatened by yours and slej's awesome talents ..... unless he's still recovering from the hysterics and horrors of my own horrific attempts. :o

Pol

slej

:|

my shift key isn't working so pardon the lack of capital letters.

my new acoustic is going to be even newer - er, okay, "more new"? - after this weekend, because i'm exchanging it...

i had gotten a yamaha 12-stringer. very nice guitar. big wall-of-sound style. like waves crashing gently on a beach. sweet. even my wife said 'wow.' played nicer than any other 12-string in the price range - i tried dean, alvarez, fender, a few others. i'd highly recommend yamaha to anyone looking.

but after playing it, i realized that 12-string guitars are not much fun if you want to do more than strum open chords. i'm working on a song with some jazzy chords up the neck and they are very difficult to form - the neck is very wide, and the doubling of string tension makes it that much worse. now i did play a takamine that seemed easier to fret, but it was more than twice the price, so...

i'll be exchanging the 12-string for a plain 'ol six. will tell you what i get when i figure it out... leaning toward low-end seagull or breedlove, but who knows.
NN is buying a 12............ But I wont steal her thunder. Wink

Why do you keep appearing as a guest, Slej?

slej

Rufus Wrote:NN is buying a 12............ But I wont steal her thunder. Wink

Why do you keep appearing as a guest, Slej?

I have cookie issues, and anyway I like being treated as a guest. Wink