DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: My pet peeve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my pet peeve is that after nearly each post I make I hit the back button only to end up back at the redirecting page, then you wait and then you have to scroll back up the page to get to the hyperlinks. All the fourm web designs I have been on are like this!
Not just this one........(sorry ST having a bleat ) Big Grin We have links at the top of each page why can't we have them at the bottom of each page.

EG: next to page 1 shuttertalk forums/photo snapshots/

Is it just me or do others do it to??

feel free to let me know!!!!!!!!
Me too! I was thinking of a back link at the page bottom too, for the same reason, especially if you have a longer thread with a lot of replies. You go to the "new posts" link, which takes you to the lower part already, post a reply, and then you have to scroll to the top of the page to get back to the forum thread list. This link at the bottom would be most appreciated here. Big Grin
It doesn't solve your peeve, but there's a quick fix. If you're using a tabbed browser -- Safari, Firefox, and others -- try opening each thread in a new tab. They can all load in the background, and when you're done with the thread, just close it. With IE, you'd need to open them in new windows: possible, but messy.
I open each new subject in a new tab and just close the tab after I have posted. I am using Firefox and it works really well with this forum. Big Grin

Oh yes and when I click the back button I do not go to the redirecting page I just go back to the right page anyway. Big Grin
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback.

I've always wondered why all the forum software programmers use a redirect instead of just going straight there... *shrug*

I'm like matthew and pete - I just open each thread in a new window (tab) and close each window (tab) after replying. That way I can easily make sure that I don't miss anything or end up reading things I've read before. Firefox or tabbed browsers make it easier in that you don't have a whole lot of windows cluttering up your screen.

As requested, I've put another set of navigation links down the bottom of the pages, after the quickpost box.

Hope that helps!
Thanks Julian! That really helps! Smile
Thanks ST. This navegation links will help a lot Smile
whew..........I thought I was the only one for a while there......... :/ Big Grin Big Grin

thanks ST this will help us poor fools hitting the back button then scrolling back up.. Cool

I have never had a look at firefox might be interesting.............thanks for the feedback!
I also use Firefox for Ebay, great to look at multiple pages. Cool