DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Is it Christmas??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Woooo! New amp! Big Grin

A Roland 30w bass cube. Pic to follow. Big Grin
Nice. Is a 30w solid state amp loud enough for you?
Yes, under the circumstances. It's only for home use! Smile
[Image: a1IMGP0426.jpg]

Sorry about the pic quality!!! :o
Hey now you and NN can be the "Rockin' Roland Duo!" Smile

I take it you were suitably impressed with her amp to stick with the same brand.

I did not care for their 60w acoustic amp at all, but I'd get one of their mini-Cubes as a low-budget practice amp.
Cant comment on the acoustic amp, but as far as the Cube's are concernrd, I'd have to say that they are the finest little combo's I've ever heard.

I do hear too, (it may be rubbish), that the bass Cube is great with electro acoustic 6 string. My Jumbo is not an electro, so cant test the idea out.

Did you get the info btw???
Yes. I plopped 'em in a tyvek envelope with airmail stickers, and they are sitting at our receptionist's desk waiting for the postman to wisk them away.

I would think the bass cube should do well with the acoustic/electric and maybe even with an electric guitar for a clean blues sound. Depends on whether or not it breaks up at volume, but given Roland's reputation for clean amps it should be good. Might need to EQ it a bit.

What I didn't like about the Roland acoustic was that it seemed very glassy, and I had to turn the treble down so much that it became very dark and cold. The Marshall and Fenders were much more natural. But I've played the Roland MicroCube and Cube30 and they are great. Cool
Is that your replacement for the monster you sold on ebay (twice)? Big Grin

Wow, the dog plays bass too! Big Grin
Yes. I plopped 'em in a tyvek envelope with airmail stickers........................

Thanks man!!!

Is that your replacement for the monster you sold on ebay (twice)?

Wow, the dog plays bass too!

Yes, and yes! Big Grin