DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: unknown new Canon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sources close to the kennel suggest a new Canon.
The 12mp 5D

Anyone know?????????
I know absolutely nothing about it.

Well, nothing other than that it will be "announced" by the end of August, will have a full frame (35mm) sensor, 12.8mp, EF-only mount (no EF-S), 9-point AF (with 6 additional "AF Assist" points), priced around 3550Euros/US$3500, and positioned squarely between the 20D and 1D Mk II.

Not quite robust enough for the pro "in the field" (no weather sealing, slower capture rate than the 1D-II), but certainly "pro" enough for many.

But that's all I know. Really. Big Grin
Nothing on the wires... I'll keep a lookout though.. Big Grin
P.S. That's all conjecture, rumor, guesswork, etc. Nothing official.
Then again, Canon have been amazingly consistent in "leaking" these things right before September and February, every year, for the past several years ...
And people jump up and down yelling "Fake! Fake!"

Gets 'em every time! Big Grin
August 22nd, by the way.
Is that timed with the release of their new 12mp photocopier?
I saw a new Kodak DSLR in the domayn catalogue this morning that was 12 MP and about $5000. I was shocked that Kodak would make a DSLR.
Schellamo Wrote:I saw a new Kodak DSLR in the domayn catalogue this morning that was 12 MP and about $5000. I was shocked that Kodak would make a DSLR.

They made one of the first pro end DSLR's.
Have they made a newer DSLR since the 14/n, 14/c?
Or I read a rumour somewhere that they stopped making them?

Ah! all the discussions and rumours about upcoming gear, when we can wait for official information; then we see photoshopped pics of old cameras Wink
I do hope that a new camera would make others sell of their older cameras, and and and, I can their old camera cheaper *hopes* haehae
is this for true? because i am about to buy the canon 1d mark II , when i really want the 1ds for its full frame....but if they are about to put out a full frame 12 mp slr then maybe ill wait..unless its gonna be like more like the 20d than the mark II.
Kodak have stopped making DSLR's. I was looking at the 14c considering how cheap it is but that is with good reason apparently. No-one I know who has used it would recommend it, not a good sign.
A Kodak using someone elses glass would be the way to go, the lenses in their recent P&S cameras have just been bad, soft, poor focus etc. That is if you were going to buy a kodak at all, I've had 2 and wouldn't buy another. The 1mp 1998 model was much better than the 2003 one I bought!
Well, this one I saw in the catalogue was using canon lenses.
I have the new PDF document................................ Wink
EnglishBob Wrote:A Kodak using someone elses glass would be the way to go, the lenses in their recent P&S cameras have just been bad, soft, poor focus etc. That is if you were going to buy a kodak at all, I've had 2 and wouldn't buy another. The 1mp 1998 model was much better than the 2003 one I bought!

Seeing as Kodak are providing the sensors for the new Pentax 645 camera and Sony (who currently supply Pentax with sensors) have joined forces with Konica-Minolta recently it wouldn't surprise me to find cameras from Kodak using Pentax glass (not DSLRs though as they're not making any more), and Pentax DSLRs (maybe even FF 35mm) using Kodak sensors. Kodak already have a fairly new FF CMOS at about 5 Mp and have plans to produce high Mp versions "in the near future".

--NN
Rufus Wrote:I have the new PDF document................................ Wink

The new new one, or the old new one? Big Grin

Anyway, any discrepencies with what I posted before? Prob'ly not.