DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Castle Zig. A day out..........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wonderful views, fabulous food, a generous Christian host... All in the Cotswolds.
What more could you want?

[Image: castle-Zig1.jpg]
[Image: Castle-Zig-2.jpg]
Beautiful scenery! You get that view from your home, Zig?
I love the Cotswolds, great scene.
Hey Rufus, that turned out rather nice mate. Is that some kind of ND grad thing in PS, or that merge-y thing?(note my technical command here).
Yes S-T: that very spot is 4 miles as the crow flies from Castle Zig: I live at about 10 o clock, just past the 2nd hill.
Mr and Mrs Rufus were rattling them shutterbuttons like they were manning a brace of spandaus: awesome.
Howdy folks.

Yeah Zig, the top of the image is "treated" a little. Not much, just a tad.

I must say that since going to castle Zg, I realise how inadequate my landscape "eye" is.
Note to non Zigs......... Castle Zig has some stunning landscapes on the walls. Quite intimidating actually! :o However, Rufus fights back with people and dog pictures! Yay!! Big Grin

I did get a good pic of Zig, but he wont let me post it! Tongue
Oh...go on then mate, seeing as it's you; I trust the non-defamatory intent. (a little diffuse glow can smooth out laff-lines, so I'm told).
Seeing as this is more general chat here, I must "share"(dontcha just hate that word) that I played bass at a wedding gig today despite no rehearsal and only 30% of the music, then we transposed half of that. We were halfway thru the second number when i realised I was not in a soundcheck. Oddly, I'd a good sense about it, though it was in itself madness for me to do a bass gig blind; oddly too, someone asked me how I became a Christian, so I told them; then, I was intro'd to a couple of whom the wife is Christian but not the hubby. "Yet", was a thought I distinctly had; I tell ya, the best way I evangelise is when i don't; the most power that God deploys is when I can't ignite mine.
Guitarplaying photographic Christians are like buses: none turn up for years, then they all roll up at once. Sheesh.
[Image: small-CRW_6574.jpg]

Here he is!
Beautiful landscape picture Rufus... I love those shades of green and light brown... Your portrait picture is great, very nice capture and the background is just a dream Smile
Nice to meet you Zig Smile
And you, Irma!

(If I'd have known I'd be on people's monitors I would have dressed appropriately!)

And, am I glad you lot don't run caption competitions!