DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all! Well there goes the idea of the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L. Had a second hand deal on the Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM that I just couldn't refuse. Got the lens + cir pol + uv filter at really dirt cheap prices. (it was on the quokka for those Perth shuttertalker's who missed the absolutely great deal Tongue). Well i havn't had a chance to take real test with the lens as yet, but all I can say is that its a great step from the 300D kit lens (18-55mm). Although I sorta do miss the wide angle, as 28mm on 1.6 crop factor isn't wide enough for me. I might try and give it my crappy review when i have time! Anyways, with all that savings, you shuttertalkers should expect a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L thread in about 3ish months. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Let's go out some time and you can test with me Wink hee-hee
So it was the quokka! mmm!! Big Grin wonderful.
Congratulations on the buy. Smile

Now what is a quokka?
Quokka is an animal which you can find on Rottnest island - an island a ferry ride away from Perth.
They are interesting animals and I've never seen them anywhere else apart from that.
It is also the name for a trading-newspaper there.
Congrats Lak!

I saw that lens in the quokka and you are absolutely right about the price they were asking! Dirt cheap.

I'm glad to see it went to a good home Smile
Now you'll have to show us what it can do!

Cheers
Adrian
Woohooo! Congrats Lak! Have fun with your new toy! Big Grin
Quick Laksa! show us while you still have your camera Wink hehe
Yeah I would love to show you guys! Mostly its just junk photos that i take round the house, lol. I'll see what I can conjure up within a week. :p