DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Offering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Graveyard Detail - Greenville South Carolina

[Image: Offering.jpg]
Great attention to detail... only criticism would be lack of context.

Hey looks like I'm not the only one who goes shooting at cemetaries... I thought I was wierd! Big Grin
What I find strange is a little sculpture of Frosty the Snowman on a tombstone in a grave yard. What is the significance of that? Weirdness and all aside the photo is quite cool. I like the content personally. I like the partial lettering. Seems like it would be lacking without it.
I'm guessing that the snowman was very small, and could only be seen if you go in close, that's why the lettering was included there, to show how small it was?
The snowman was separate from the tombstone - but also made of stone. It looked like something that a child brought to the grave and left there - possibly as an special gift to the departed - it was very poignant - as was the "My Baby" tomestone. I never see that kind of thing here...
I find your picture full of sentiment and meaning. I have seen offerings before in the cemetery, since it is common in our culture, but never a snowman... Thanks for sharing, Toad. Your pictures are very interesting...
Toad Wrote:- it was very poignant - as was the "My Baby" tomestone.

Agree - very good series Toad.