DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: My First Break
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that i have a lot to learn about photography , and thanks to all of yall i see things a lot different . And to be honest was thinking that i was climbing a hill too steep .
Then today i went to a friend of my in laws that is a photographer ( mainly studio ) and he told me that he will " show me the ropes " . And get this he even offered to pay me. LOL . I told him that the experence is payment enough for right now. Lets see how things work out.
The thing is now i am very nervous ( sp ) about all this. He even wants me to go on a shoot this weekend. He is going to work with me tommorow and Friday and see what i can do .
Don't be nervous, just go for it.

Being taken under the wing of a professional can only help you Smile And I'm kinda jealous!
Like a sponge man.... soak it all up. Its a lifelong hobby, not meant to be mastered in short order.
Wow, cool! I think Studio photography is quite hard to get into for newcomers, mainly because of the cost of the equipment etc. But if you can get someone to show you the ropes, bonus!! Big Grin
Another bonus is that i get to shoot my girls ( which is something that i have been wanting to do for a while ) . They are both beautiful , they look just like me Big Grin , and i get to practice on them today!!
Smile Great stuff. Glad to hear er read it.
What a wonderful opportunity.
I am happy for you! Smile I wish I could have the same opportunity...
thanks to you all !! It wont be long and i am on my way. I CANT WAIT!!
Congratulations. This is friendship and apprenticeship in one.
I CANT WAIT!!

Nor me!!!!! Tell us how it goes!! :o
Great news...look forward to watching your progress (and reading any tips you have for us Wink ).

Jan
From what i see from all of yall , i am far away from being able to give a tip im sure. I can only wish ( right now ) to be able to shoot like yall. In due time, i hope ...