DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Banded Drake - you OK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watching the horrible aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in Lousiana and Mississippi.

Can't help wondering how our own Mississippi boy, Banded Drake is riding this out...I know he lives near low wetlands - the areas hardest hit by this horrific disaster.

Let us know how you are when you can, man. I am sure that there is no telephone or internet right now, but we are thinking of you.

Best
Toad
WOW Thanks for wondering Wink . We are fine here , it was rough for while and the power was out for about 16 hours . Lots of debre ( sp ) everywhere.( Nothing like they got down south). I think we got 4 inches of rain and winds were around 40 mph gusting around 65 or so.

But all is well in this area , i worry about the people down south. They have it bad!!!
Excellent. Our thoughts are with you guys.
i am watching the reports on cnn now ( first time seeing them due to the power ) it will break your heart to see what is going on .....

Thanks for your thought and prayers now if yall can please send them to the folks down south that have lost everything..........

Thanks again
Glad to know you are okay!
Good to hear that you're ok, Shawn...

I really haven't been following the news all that much, but I would imagine things are pretty bad with such strong winds..
Good to hear you and yours are all okay. The south looks pretty bad, I'll take California's earthquakes any day.
Thanks to you all Big Grin , yall know how to make a person feel good.

ST to be honest i wasnt watching the news very close either . My mom called to make sure we were going to ok . I said why whats going on . Rolleyes

EB you can have the quakes all you want. No worning no anything . Its just there. I think that i would rather ride it out .

We are about 400 mile north of the water so it dont get bad here ...
We've only had one big one in Central Cali since I've been here, shook the dealership pretty hard. But no damage.
Everyday our local paper has aftermath news on the front page. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those effected.