DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Opera - anybody using it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a free Opera browser key and have been using Opera a couple of days (on the new FrankenPC) - so far I like Firefox better. Maybe I'm missing some things.

People say that the ability to have Opera reopen after a browser shudown with your last web sessions intact is a great benefit - also tabs instead of paging back and forth. So far I find those things mildly irritating. Maybe I'm just an old fart - or maybe the new paradigm takes some getting used to.

Anybody else using it? What do you think?
Tried an older version and didn't see any benefit.

But I'm a Firefox convert now. Tabbed browsing rocks! (Yes, it takes some getting used to.)
Hey Toad... I got the free key too, but haven't gotten around to installing it. Hehe... firefox is keeping me happy so far.

By the way, there's an extension called "Session Saver" which saves and reopens all your sessions after a browser shutdown (or crash)... pretty handy.
I tried opera a long while back, prefer firefox tenfold.
Hi Toad Opera has been my browser since i have been on the computer,i have been quiet happy with it, then i saw your post and that the other members have been using Firefox so i downloaded it today and am impressed with it,so i think that i will uninstall Opera.
Thanks for the tip guys. Wink
Lol... firefox 5, opera 0. Big Grin