DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Exhibition.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Along with some other members of my camera club I have 6 of my prints in my first ever photographic exhibition, where I may actually make some money by having the prints there sell!

Around half the displays are from professionals, and the rest from various amateurs invited to display 6 prints each. I am pretty sure I got in on the coat-tails of one of the camera club members... but an invitation is an invitation Big Grin
Woohoo! Congrats Craig! Now we'll have 2 ST members with prints displayed in galleries!

All the best... Big Grin
Congratulations Craig!! That is super news. An exhibition is not only a great way to sell photos - but it gets your name around. After you have had a group show, you have something significant on your resume to interest galleries, publishers, stock houses etc.

Way to go, man!
They will only be up for a 2 week run, but that's a start Smile I'm displaying 4 landscapes (1 B&W), a flower (B&W), and a heavily photoshopped flower as a digital creation. Ironically it is the photoshopped flower that has generated most interest from the organisers, seems they are more used to old school film and not many digital shooters and manipulators have made it through their doors. Surprising to me.

Thanks for the comments guys. Smile
Not surprising to me. The heavily manipulated stuff in my show was by far the most interesting to the buyers, We see so much of this kind of thing in the online photo community, we forget how novel this new art form is to most of the public.
Congratulations Craig! Good luck. That is great news.
Congrats , and good luck . Im sure they will love your work!!