DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: How frustrating is that?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wedding today.

Bride KNOWN to shut eyes with flash.

Bride practised not shutting eyes.

Took several of each bride shot....................................Just to be sure.

192 images of bride.

180 WITH CLOSED EYES IN EVERY TAKE.

I think I have a HUGE Photoshop job ahead of me.......................... :o
Rufus Wrote:Wedding today.

Bride KNOWN to shut eyes with flash.

Bride practised not shutting eyes.

Took several of each bride shot....................................Just to be sure.

192 images of bride.

180 WITH CLOSED EYES IN EVERY TAKE.

I think I have a HUGE Photoshop job ahead of me.......................... :o

Rufus, photoshopping is extra when doing l lot of editing. Don't kill yourself. I know your a nice guy, er dog and all, but it's not your fault the bride keeps closing her eye's.
..............Rufus, photoshopping is extra when doing l lot of editing. Don't kill yourself. I know your a nice guy, er dog and all, but it's not your fault the bride keeps closing her eye's..........................

Thanks man.

I understand your comments, but of course I also need to keep the cash in sight.....
More repairs = more sales!!!
I now have a folder of "Brides eyes," and I'm layering and masking the appropriate pair to the apropriate facial expression. Hard, but good practise for me in masking!!
I reckon 3 days should do it!!!
I am sorry about this Rufus... and I admire the positive way you are taking it... I never imagine one could repair something like this in photoshop...

Hope you finish soon Smile
Wow, talk about tough! All the best...

Why not just put a black rectangle over her eyes, like they do in the news when they're trying to protect people's identities? Big Grin
Just don't start mixing eye colors.... Big Grin

Crappy to hear about that, but I know your pain.
Done 'em. All of 'em 160 odd.......
Here's a sample:

[Image: example-a.jpg]
[Image: exampleb.jpg]

And here is the girl who I hope will be the next wedding job!!!
[Image: next-job-maybe.jpg]
Ruf, well done!

Here's a trick I read about; not sure if it works: have the subject close her eyes, then open them on the count of three. You snap as soon as they are open. The eyes are quickly adjusting to the light so the pupils shrink and you get more of the colored iris. Something to try.
Nice retouching - can't really tell it has been done - even when I know it...
Hey that's really awesome work, Rufus! I hope they know how much trouble you've gone to! Big Grin
Great work there Rufus, I'm sure she'll be very happy with them.
You definately did a good job. I'm sure they'll be pleased. Smile
Well, thank you ALL!!!!

I must say, I am feeling a bit smug! Cool

Now to print the proofs........................