DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Sovereign Hill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm taking a much needed break and heading up to Sovereign Hill, which is a tourist attraction about 2-3 hours out of Melbourne. It's a recreation of a town in the gold rush era with museum and light and sound show at night. I haven't been before, and apparently there's quite a lot to see and do - the staff all dress up and go about their daily activities as townsfolk in this gold rush town, and you get to do fun things like pan for gold...

My wife and I are just going for an overnighter, and pamering ourselves in some deluxe accommodation. Hopefully I'll get to take some interesting piccies too...

Anyway, see you in a couple of days!

Jules
Have a good trip Smile
Ha ve a good trip Smile We have a few towns like that around here in California.
"..............................and pamering ourselves "

DISGRACEFUL! :o :o :o :o

At the least, you'll be exhausted!!!! :o :o :o

I didnt know such things went on in Australia!!!! :o :o

On Tuesday next, NN and I are going to whang a flange sticker, because it's our SILVER WEDDING thingy.

Yes dog fans, 25 YEARS!!!!!

Ps.... What does "masochistic" mean???
shuttertalk Wrote:I'm taking a much needed break and heading up to Sovereign Hill, which is a tourist attraction about 2-3 hours out of Melbourne. It's a recreation of a town in the gold rush era with museum and light and sound show at night. I haven't been before, and apparently there's quite a lot to see and do - the staff all dress up and go about their daily activities as townsfolk in this gold rush town, and you get to do fun things like pan for gold...

My wife and I are just going for an overnighter, and pamering ourselves in some deluxe accommodation. Hopefully I'll get to take some interesting piccies too...

Anyway, see you in a couple of days!

Jules

Have a good time and I hope you get some good photo opportunities ...... and find yourself some whopping big nuggets of gold! Cool

Pol
Rufus Wrote:On Tuesday next, NN and I are going to whang a flange sticker, because it's our SILVER WEDDING thingy.

Yes dog fans, 25 YEARS!!!!!

Ps.... What does "masochistic" mean???

I think it means NN deserves a medal as big as a frying pan. Big Grin

Congratulations to you both, Mr and Mrs Doggins. May you have many more happy years together.

Pol
XX
Woooo a big hearty congrats, NN and Rufus!! What an awesome milestone!

Rufus Wrote:"..............................and pamering ourselves "
Whooops... i meant pampering!

Polly Wrote:and find yourself some whopping big nuggets of gold! Cool
Apparently they put about $5000 worth of gold into the stream for people to find.... Big Grin
Well we're back!!! And we had a blast! It was really well done up, lots of interesting demonstrations and shows, and I totally enjoyed myself.

Some highlights:
- Panned for gold, but no, didn't find any nuggets
- Had an "olden day" photo taken
- Tour of the mines was fun!
- Main attraction was a light and sound show at night, depicitng the battle at the Eureka Stockade...
- All the dressed up "actors" made it feel really authentic...

We got there on Saturday, spent the day sightseeing and had the light and sound show at night. Stayed in a colonial style room overnight and then went back into the township on Sunday for more of a look around. Just got back Sunday evening....

I took lots of piccies, but too tired to upload them tonight. Will post some when I get time tomorrow... Big Grin
shuttertalk Wrote:Well we're back!!! And we had a blast! It was really well done up, lots of interesting demonstrations and shows, and I totally enjoyed myself.

Great to know that you had good time Jules... and you will share pictures Smile

Rufus Wrote:On Tuesday next, NN and I are going to whang a flange sticker, because it's our SILVER WEDDING thingy.

Congratulations NN and Rufus Smile
ST: We want pictures!!!!

Rufus and NN: COngratulations, 25 years is a heck of an achievement! It'll be 5 years for me and my better half next February.