DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Fresno County Fair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I entered some of my work in the Fresno County Fair photographic competition, and I have just been notified that my Monochrome Peace Lily took the Silver medal in monochrome prints Big Grin

I get a small cash prize.. .but more importanly..... I am going to boost the price of that print in the exhibition I am in in October Big Grin
Well done! Smile
Yay! Congrats! You must be proud! Big Grin
Thats excellent news Craig. Way to go man! Smile
Upwards and onwards!!
It would only be fitting to divvy up the winnings amongst the group.... Big Grin
Sure thing Jeri..... letsa see... I won $50.... I spent $230 on prints, matting and entry fees....... so who do i bill the remaining $180 to? Big Grin I'm hoping between the fair and the exhibition in October I can sell a few prints and at least break even!

This is the shot that took Silver in Monochrome:-

[Image: normal_Peace%20Lily%20-%20monochrome.jpg]
Congratulations, Bob Smile I am very happy for you...
Thank you Irma Smile

I just found out the picture that beat me and took gold was taken by one of my work colleagues... he's been shooting and competing for over 30 years. I guess with my 9 month sof experience at a competitive level I shouldn't feel too bad at him beating me Smile
Update: I just received the full results and I got 2 silvers and an Honorable mention! I can't believe that I got awards for 3 out of 6 entries and after only 9 months of competing. I hope this is a good sign for for next months exhibition.

2nd Silver - Also monochrome.

[Image: normal_merced%20river%20%20monochrome.jpg]

The honorable mention, In Color, General.

[Image: normal_shaver%20lake%2001%20.jpg]
Its this last one that does it for me............. That's wunerfuel!!!!
Good stuff all around, Craig. Congrats.
Yay! More exciting news! Congrats, Craig!