DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: My latest acquisitions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pics of my latest acquisitions....

Both Keeley modified. An Ibanez TS-9DX Tubescreamer, and a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive (which means technically it should've been called the SO-1, right? Or a Super Drive....)

Note the signature Keeley BLUE LEDs, as opposed to Boss' red ones.

I use the SD-1 to get my heavier overdriven sounds and the TS-9 as a booster. Spent last night playing with them and I'm thoroughly happy with my purchases! I'm drooling just thinking about it... Big Grin

I'll try and post some sound bytes soon...

[Image: TS9DX_SD1.jpg]
The family is growing... Big Grin
Those look great. What are the mods? Surely you don't need both ... please send me the Boss. Thanks. Big Grin
TS9DX mods include:
- Texas Instruments 4558 chip (as used in the TS808
- upgraded components (film caps and resistors)
- BLUE LED!!!!

The SD-1 mods include:
- improved switching to make it closer to true bypass
- germanium diode in the clipping section
- metal film cap and resistor upgrade
- two chips included: Texas Instruments 4558p chip and the Burr Brown chip (you can swap to decide which one you like)
- BLUE LED!!!

Essentially they're the stock pedals on steroids. And no, I need them BOTH! Tongue

Check out Keeley's site: www.robertkeeley.com

I wholly recommend him - and so do hundreds of others on Harmony Central - I did my homework before buying these pedals...
Good man!
Before I went pedal-less, I used to LOVE the strat with a Tube Screamer.
You can't go wrong with a Strat and Tubescreamer. Rock, blues, country, you can cover nearly any genre with that combo...

What amp do you play through Zig?
Ooo Keely SD-1! that was the one I was going to order at the end of the year after I acquired my Classic 30.... and then...... I've decided to get the POD XT Live instead (for now), so that plan is gone.

and also my Variax plans are scrapped for now Smile
I'm satisfied with my strat Tongue