DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Sunrise over Canberra.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Morning.jpg]
Very nice. The balloons give it added interest for me. Smile
Love the sunset. Wish those bushes/trees on the lower left hadn't partially blocked off the water, but you couldn't do much about that. Great pic.
Impressive!
RikWriter Wrote:Love the sunset. Wish those bushes/trees on the lower left hadn't partially blocked off the water, but you couldn't do much about that. Great pic.

Sunrise actually. I also chose to have the trees in view (I could have moved).
A sunrise you say? Imagine that. Hot air balloons in the morning. Very cool. Excellent photo Pete. Smile
We have balloons over Canberra most mornings throughout the year because it is almost always very still first up. We also have a couple of balloon festivals thoughout the year, I have seen 50 - 60, maybe more up at the one time, spectacular.

This shot was actually two shots stiched together with Autostitch, tried three shots but could not get a good stitch. Sad
Great exposure Peted. I love the mix of shadows and lit objects, and the sunrise is spectacular!

I'm not sure if the curvature is intended, but stitching software will usually allow you to input the focal length of the lens when you took the shot - that will help compensate and create a straight-er line...

If you can't remember what focal length you used, check your EXIF data... Big Grin
That can't be Canberra, where is the snow?
Peted Wrote:
RikWriter Wrote:Love the sunset. Wish those bushes/trees on the lower left hadn't partially blocked off the water, but you couldn't do much about that. Great pic.

Sunrise actually. I also chose to have the trees in view (I could have moved).

Urrrk!! I coulda looked at the freaking TITLE! That'll teach me to post that fast...
Curious as to why you wanted the trees in there...for me, the darkening of the bottom left of the picture seemed a bit distracting.
I like the trees, gives structure to the picture with foreground.
shuttertalk Wrote:Great exposure Peted. I love the mix of shadows and lit objects, and the sunrise is spectacular!

I'm not sure if the curvature is intended, but stitching software will usually allow you to input the focal length of the lens when you took the shot - that will help compensate and create a straight-er line...

If you can't remember what focal length you used, check your EXIF data... Big Grin

I am just learning how to use Autostitch and having lots of fun. Will have to have a look at some more of the settings.
Wow thats excellent