DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: new cameras?????????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

uuhmmmm

[Image: new%20nikon.jpg]

someone else told me that there is a canon 30d on the pipeline??? not sure which pipe??? hehehehhe

take care

byeeeeeeeeeee
There has been too many rumours and false photos of possible new Nikon releases lately for me to get too excited until I hear something official. This front of this one looks a lot like a D2H body with the prism/viewfinder section of a D70 grafted onto it in PhotoShop.

I am currently in the market for a Nikon DSLR and am watching these new developments with interest. I'll believe it when I see it. Not sure that is what I am seeing here..
Here are the bodies that I think make up this image: These may even be the exact images that were used - check out the flare on the D70 lens for example, and the shadow/lighting on the D2H.

[Image: Nikon%20Bodies.jpg]

There may be some odds and ends from other cameras as well - but I think these are the main components. My apologies if this turns out to be thr real deal - I don't think so.
Meh...who cares? It's Nikon... Big Grin
Geez Rik - we are all really happy that you can afford a $3500 camera body - congratulations. I thought that this forum was realtively free of the pixel peeping and brand slamming that plagues dpreview.
I agree with Mr T.

Facts are good, speculation interesting, spoofs irritating. As for the 5D, well....If you can afford it, (so far I cant), and justify it to yourself, then great. But even a large diamond can be hard to swallow whole.
Toad Wrote:Geez Rik - we are all really happy that you can afford a $3500 camera body - congratulations. I thought that this forum was realtively free of the pixel peeping and brand slamming that plagues dpreview.

Jeez dude, couldn't you tell by the smilie that it was a joke?
RikWriter Wrote:Jeez dude, couldn't you tell by the smilie that it was a joke?

Was it? For the last few days, you have slammed every other camera here other than the 1Ds and 5D.

Such as:

There is no way in hell I would ever want the Rebel for my main camera.

and...

But your definition of "acceptable image quality" is likely not the same as mine.

and...

I've had 16x20s printed from my Rebel and 10D, but from examining them I was pretty well convinced that this was the limit size-wise. Maybe you're better at Photoshop than me,

Honestly...we're all happy for you - but you seem to be implying that the rest of these cameras don't take good photos - which they do - great photos in fact..

I understand that you need to justify your purchase on grounds of image quality or some other criteria such as full frame - but the way you have dissed the cameras that many of the forum members own and love is insulting to those members. The implication is that their standards are much less than yours - not that you can simply afford a more expensive camera.

Why should I believe the shot at Nikon was a joke?
Toad Wrote:
RikWriter Wrote:Jeez dude, couldn't you tell by the smilie that it was a joke?

Was it? For the last few days, you have slammed every other camera here other than the 1Ds and 5D.

Such as:

There is no way in hell I would ever want the Rebel for my main camera.

and...

But your definition of "acceptable image quality" is likely not the same as mine.

and...

I've had 16x20s printed from my Rebel and 10D, but from examining them I was pretty well convinced that this was the limit size-wise. Maybe you're better at Photoshop than me,

Honestly...we're all happy for you - but you seem to be implying that the rest of these cameras don't take good photos - which they do - great photos in fact..

I understand that you need to justify your purchase on grounds of image quality or some other criteria such as full frame - but the way you have dissed the cameras that many of the forum members own and love is insulting to those members. The implication is that their standards are much less than yours - not that you can simply afford a more expensive camera.

Why should I believe the shot at Nikon was a joke?

I have not "slammed" any other camera. I have stated that some models wouldn't meet my needs. I don't recall the context of the first quote, but neither of the other two slam any camera. I don't know what bee got into your bonnet, but it was most obviously a joke. As a matter of fact, if you hadn't been so suspiciously selective in your quoting, you would have seen that I told the person with whom I was having a civil conversation regarding image quality that I would pick a Nikon D70 over a Canon Digital Rebel for sports shooting.
Frankly, I think it's rather ridiculous that you took it as anything OTHER than a joke.
Taken as a lone post it is easy to take it as a joke, but as Toad pointed out, after several posts suggesting anything under $3000 is incapable of anything more than snapshots and giving the impression that everyone must have far inferior standards to your own it's easy to understand how Toad toad took the comment.
EnglishBob Wrote:Taken as a lone post it is easy to take it as a joke, but as Toad pointed out, after several posts suggesting anything under $3000 is incapable of anything more than snapshots and giving the impression that everyone must have far inferior standards to your own it's easy to understand how Toad toad took the comment.

No, really it isn't, since I never made any posts giving that impression. Toad's position is indefensible and lacks any proof whatsoever.
You know what? There are many wonderful photography discussion forums on the internet. After this example of the temperment of the people on this board and particularly after you, Craig, tried to defend Toad's ridiculous overreaction, I've decided this isn't the place for me. Y'all take care.
Wasn't defending Toad's comment at all, I was agreeing with it.
I've been following your disscussion with Toad lately, and as a D70 owner, I didn't take your comment as a joke either.... I found it childish and tasteless...
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I know that you have owned 10D, 350D, 20D and 5D camera bodies all within the last year, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt on your knowledge of the image quality issue. Some of us are struggling along on a budget though, and more sensitivity regarding the quality of our more limited choices would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize for taking your joke out of context.
C'mon everyone, enough now.

I'm sure everyone has their individual preferences but at the end of the day, a camera is merely a tool in the hands of a skilled photographer. Some may have less bristles on their paintbrushes, I can safely say that each and everyone one posting here has wowed my socks off with absolutely stunning pictures on countless occasions. Let's not get too hung up over the minor details, ok? Big Grin
Hey everyone; I just bought my Canon Powershot Pro 1 from my friend who traded this one in for the Nikon D2X. What are you guys talking about...the Nikon D2X is NICE!
Well - in the context of the original thread where Christian had a bit of a dig at Canon (as a joke I am sure) I think Rik was probably just joining in.

Personally - it is a bit easy to misunderstand people when you can't see their expressions and their body language. I actually don't understand the whole Nikon/Canon debate - both make great cameras and lenses. So does Oly and Pentax.

Cheers,

Chris