DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Ummm ok what does this mean
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"assymetric composition and light mix used throughout"

Please explain, I need to know before I make an announcement
It's a phrase used in an email sent out by the organisers of a photo contest scam run by circle of photographers, or at least someone exploiting their website.

They use a phoney photo contest with a potential $5000 prize... but you have to buy their manuscript to qualify.... they say it is priced at $39.00... but the shopping cart mysteriously jumps to $80 when you try to check out.

OF course... you may of heard the phrase in a totally different context.
Lol... my wife entered one of those contests too, but for poetry.

She submitted a poem entitled "Ode to Mr Smiley" with the famous "How shall I compare thee?" from Shakespeare word for word.

and they said that she won and her entry will be published in their "journal". Of course, you have to pay $50 or some ridiculous amount for their "journal"...
Did you win a competition? Now I am curious about your announcement....
EnglishBob Wrote:It's a phrase used in an email sent out by the organisers of a photo contest scam run by circle of photographers, or at least someone exploiting their website.

They use a phoney photo contest with a potential $5000 prize... but you have to buy their manuscript to qualify.... they say it is priced at $39.00... but the shopping cart mysteriously jumps to $80 when you try to check out.

OF course... you may of heard the phrase in a totally different context.

Sad its a scam???? I thought I had actually been picked for something ...here is the email and I did make a submission to there site;

http://www.mysticktech.com/published/

*sigh* this really sickens me that people would do this, I feel stupid as this was sent around work to, all the staff members

Well least it gave a chance for all of them to see what I can do if anything
I suppose it's not exactly a scam... if you want to give your ego a (albeit pretty fake) boost, then it would be kinda cool seeing your photo in a official looking publication.

The scam bit is how they probably declare every a "winner" and get people to purchase the books...
I am sorry, really Sad

And they don't even know how to write "asymmetric" :/

Some people....

Cheer up!! I am sure you will win a true competition one of these days, your pictures are great!! Smile
Actually ST, there a a couple of sites out there with LOTS of people that ordered it and NEVER recieved the book, the one on the picture of their website looks photoshopped to me.
EnglishBob Wrote:Actually ST, there a a couple of sites out there with LOTS of people that ordered it and NEVER recieved the book, the one on the picture of their website looks photoshopped to me.

Wow, I take it back then! Stay away! Big Grin