DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Pentax *ISTD, the forgotten hero???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not many people seem to own a DSLR which competes with the best, accepts really old lenses if required, omits the silly scene modes, is small, tough, and good looking.

Some do own one like this though,

It's the Pentax *ISTD!!

Do YOU have one? Please let us know all about it!

Smile
Here's an ISTD pic, taken by my wife:

[Image: IMGP3461s.jpg]
Your wife's a better photographer than you rufus, lol j/k Nice shot, sorry but I think you are the only Pentax Digital use here, I have a pentax SLR tho =)
[Image: DSCF0499.jpg]
I have an istD. I'll try to get around to uploading some shots later. I need to sort out what to upload and also look at the gallery arrangements.

Polly
Hi Polly, you can upload directly to the forums for now.... just click on the [img_upload] button... (you might have to resize the image to beforehand though)

The gallery is still in testing stage... I still need to tweak it a bit Big Grin
shuttertalk Wrote:Hi Polly, you can upload directly to the forums for now.... just click on the [img_upload] button... (you might have to resize the image to beforehand though)

The gallery is still in testing stage... I still need to tweak it a bit Big Grin

Ok - watch this space Wink

I'll try to keep the images to less than 100k and no more than about 550 pixels wide. I'm on dialup here, can't get broadband, so I try to keep things optimised for fast loading.

Polly
Polly Wrote:I'm on dialup here, can't get broadband, so I try to keep things optimised for fast loading.

Polly

First image - this was taken overlooking the English Channel, towards the White Cliffs at Dover and Folkestone. It was a bright, Winter's day - freezing cold!
Camera *istD with Pentax 24-90 f/3.5-4.5 FA.
[Image: sea_fever.jpg]

Polly
Another image from the istD with Pentax 24-90 f/3.5-4.5 FA

This image was taken on a local Nature Reserve - storm imminent but there was a sudden break in the clouds and shone on the banks of the lake, lighting the wild grasses.
[Image: natres.jpg]

Polly