DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: For whom the bell tolls - AGFA goes Bankrupt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Digital technology continues to cut a swathe through the businesses built on traditional chemical-based photography.

First Kodak was forced to sack thousands of workers at its plants around the world as demand for film and chemical processing dropped. Photo processing shops around Australia started to close as amateur photographers printed their own photos or used the internet or CD and DVD as their preferred display media.

Now the photographic firm of Agfa has announced it is bankrupt. The announcement in May that the company AgfaPhoto had filed for bankruptcy protection sent a chill through the company's world operations. It will probably stop operating by the end of the year. - Source: theage.com.au

Further Reading - http://theage.com.au/news/livewire/for-w...11236.html
Pretty sad... I loved using the Agfa Vista films when I was shooting film...
I still print some black and white by hand, my favorite paper is the agfa multicontrast,warmtone matt. It's been about impossible to get hold of, guess I'll not be able to get any more.

Oh, thats sad.