DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: New Sigma 70-300mm DG APO arrived
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey this is a nice lens. Here is a couple of quick snaps.

[Image: Resize-25-percent.jpg]
Full image reduced to 25 percent.

[Image: 100-percent-crop.jpg]
And a 100% crop from that image.
Hooray! Enjoy your new lens! Big Grin
Yes indeed. And thanks to Paul L who put me onto this lens, after only a few shots I can see it is quite nice.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3988

Pretty overcast this afternoon so not much wildlife around but maybe tomorrow morning I can catch something. Big Grin
Looks very sharp. Should compliment the D70 very well.
And my Pentax Ds!!
Sorry - why did I get the impresion you were a D70 man? Must be confusing your gear with someone else's.
Sweet enjoy your new lens, hope you find some subjects that are a little more exciting to show us :-)

/P.L
Gday Peted,

A quick? How is this lens performing for you..........it's one I have been thinking about and it gets some good wraps. You have had it a while now, if you have the time I would like to here your thoughts.

Cheers Russ
I am very pleased with the lens, had some good results but I really have not had a lot of opportunities to use it to its full capabilities. I did snap this with it though.

[Image: 56_Moon-7-Dec-2005---1.jpg]

And played around here.

[Image: 87_Moon-7-Dec-2005---3.jpg]

And had a try with the macro but not really set up properly. This one, hand held.

[Image: Redback-Spider.jpg]
And at 100% crop.

[Image: Redback-100-percent-crop.jpg]
Thanks Pete for your quick feedback.

Good to hear that you’re pleased with the purchase. Thanks for the shots as well. The good old redback!!! Yuk

I think I might invest in one, still up in the air on a kit (18-55) replacement!! The kids footy season is coming up I would like to have it for that!
Not sure what camera you are using Russt but I did try it at higher ISO a couple of weekends ago at one of my kids athletics meets and the shots are nice and clear but my technique let me down. Just thinking that I might have another go this Friday afternoon at his next meet. SHallow DOF is the order of the day to get the subject to jump off the back ground, good recipe to miss a lot of shots.

I have upgraded the firmware on my DS, it now will do continuous focusing in all modes not just sports mode, time for a play I think.

Here is one that was too far back and too small an aperture.

[Image: Triple-Jump-1.jpg]

This was at F8 but should have been opened wide, would have increased shutter speed as well. Rolleyes
Congrats! Thanks for the thorough exploration and thoughts too.
Quote:Not sure what camera you are using Russt
Pete, It will be going on my 350d. Thanks for the sports shot .........it was good to read your thoughts on it as well. I think It should make a good general purpose outdoor lens. Some of Paul.R's candid shots are outstanding, I'd be happy with shots half as good.

cheers Russ