DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Continued Toronto architecture discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Continuing on from where Mathew left off... I'd like to add that yes, most of the buildings are circa late 1800's but there are also many from the early and mid 1800's as well. Here is one called the Flatiron Building which greatly resembles the building at 212 Dundas St.E. which houses Filmores Hotel.

[Image: flatironlg.jpg]

More information can be found here I would also like to not that there is also a very similar building in downtown New York City but I have no info on that one.
The building that houses Filmore's is a flatiron style, but it's not as pronounced as the flatiron building that you show. Probably because it doesn't face dramatically into a narrow intersection, it just doesn't have the presence of its more famous neighbour.

A friend of mine has visited the similar building in New York, and brought back two 11x17 photographs (commercial prints, not his) of it. He asked me if I could create a third to add to the series.

[Image: jj34e8.jpg]

Obviously, we've interpreted the perspective corrections a little differently. Mine's too tall, but the one in NY is much grander.

...have you been to the Brickworks?
What a beautiful building ! Smile Both pictures are great... Colin's shows nicely the contrast old and new... and Matthew's the architectural detail... Thanks for the link... Toronto has indeed wonderful historic buildings Smile

The city looks so clean... and tidy... I read that Canada was the 3rd cleanest country in the world..
I must add that I did not take the photo of the Flatiron building in my last post. I Provided a link to where it is.

]