DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Do you return prints?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey when you go and get prints done at a shop... do you return the prints you don't like (or get them to re-print them)? (Could be film or digital I guess)

I usually never do this (I assume the bad ones are due to bad photography)... but I was at the store the other day and saw this lady going through the photos and pulling out almost every second one!

I had a peek and her shots were all underwater ones... Half were unfocused, and half were taken with onboard flash (all the particles in the water were lit up) - I'd say most of the returns were due to her not knowing how to use the camera properly.

Yeah but anyway, getting side tracked here. Just wondering - is the photo shop obligated to re-print them or refund some of your money?
mann .. i would never be bold enough to do that ~_~...
would feel so embarressed ...
Dont know. I've never needed to send one back.
I am guessing it would be all in the contract, or store terms and conditions, some may offer a garantee.
But how do you know that the unfocused fuzzy pictures are a result of bad photography or a development fault?

in the case that shuttertalk mentioned i would be placing my money on poor photography.

Even if in the development process the photos turned out fuzzy I doubt it would be every second one..... maybe one or two tops.

But then again I am no expert in this field!!!! Big Grin
hm.. i dunno...

i'd probably return some if they were clearly due to bad processing -- like some photos where you see the edge of another photo in the photo...
Quote:like some photos where you see the edge of another photo in the photo...
That's understandable...... I probably would do the same if that happened.
A friend I know used to return prints he was unsatisfied with. He used to work in a photo lab so he knows when it's the customer's fault and when it's the lab's fault.

He'd return prints that had little white spots - caused by dust/dirt from the machine scanner-thingamajigger, which the lab techs neglect to clean sometimes.

You should not be afraid to exercise your right to good service, especially if you've paid for it. Smile