DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Huey Colour Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this from skimming the news on the front page...
http://www.dcviews.com/press/Pantone-huey.htm

Quote:huey is the newest gadget for any consumer or photo hobbyist looking for absolute color and clarity. huey is distinctly different from professional monitor calibration tools on the market that require a basic understanding of color management to operate. Plus, it is the only device that continually adapts a monitor for changing room lighting.

In less than five minutes, huey can calibrate a user's monitor and adjust it based on their primary viewing activity -- viewing photos, playing games, creating graphics or browsing the Web. With an affordable $89 price tag, huey delivers accurate onscreen color, a crucial component for anyone who cares about color fidelity.
Looks like there's a little sensor thing which sits on your desktop to measure the lighting conditions and changes the colours accordingly - pretty cool! Makes sense because I'm sure colours look different in different light - say when using available lighting from a window during the day vs using a tungsten lightbulb at night.

Not sure how they go about making it "distinctly different from professional monitor calibration tools on the market that require a basic understanding of color management to operate" though...
I certainly have no understanding of color management, and my Spyder made it real easy to learn, profile, choose that profile. Problem solved!
Why do they do this after I buy my colorplus :O hahah
Has anybody used it? It seems like something that I might buy...