DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: All my Pentax gear is for sale including *istD body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sadly decided it's time to sell so here's a list of items that will be going on eBay tomorrow evening. If anyone's interested in any of this please PM me with your e-mail address and I'll gladly send link(s) to any item(s) once they're "live".

This is what's for sale:

BODIES
*istD Body < 6000 shots, box, manuals, leads, software
Asahi Pentax Spotmatic Film Body

M42 LENSES:

Super Takumar 28mm f3.5
Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 Screw Mount
Vivitar 135mm f2.8 Screw Mount - with leather case
Tamron 38-100mm f3.5 Screw Mount - with leather case

K MOUNT LENSES:

Pentax A 50mm f1.7
Pentax A 50mm f2
Pentax M 135mm f3.5 - Rare special in Pentax tin
Pentax M 200mm f4
Pentax FA 80-320 f4.5-5.6 - with box
Vivitar Series 1 105mm f2.5 Macro - with hard case and box
Vivitar Series 1 70-210 f2.8-4 Macro
Sigma 70-300 4-5.6 APO Macro Super II - with box
Tamron 24-135 SP 3.5-5.6 Macro
Sigma 400mm f5.6 MF APO - with hard case
RMC Tokina MF 17mm f3.5 - with hard case

ACCESSORIES
Vivitar PK 2x converter
Set of PK Extension tubes
Paragon M42 Extension Tubes
Pentax Infra Red Remote switch 'F' - with box
Canon RS60-E3 wired remote release (works with *istD)
4 Rechargeable CRV3 batteries and 2 chargers
20 Gb Xs-Drive II Image Tank - with box, manual, driver CD
I'm ever so sorry, though I appreciate why you finally had to make that decision. Sad
I hope you get what you're asking for everything and get sorted with an alternative very soon.

Dunno what else to say - I just feel kinda gutted it's come to this, especially as it was your original "whirly thing" pix that prompted David to go for the 'D' as a gift for me + the help from you and Rufus that helped get me going with it.

Pol
XX
Thanks Pol...commiserations gratefully received! I'm feeling pretty gutted too, Sad and the hardest part is photographing it all for evilBay, which I have to do after dinner. But, que sera, sera and maybe in a year or two I'll be back in the Pentax fold.....who knows, eh? Smile

Jan
It sounds like it is necesary that you must sell your gear. I am sorry to hear this NN. I know how it feels. I had to sell my mountain bike to raise money for studio lighting. Both of which are items I love to use. I had to sacrifice. It was a whole year before I was able to hit the mountains again and does it ever feel good.
Thanks Peto. R's getting more paid photography work and is sorely in need of a back up body for emergencies, but funds are currently insufficient. I'm waiting for an upgrade to the *istD, which hasn't seen an improvement over the three years (almost) that I've had it. There's talk of a new D coming, but not 'til Autumn, and I have my doubts as to whether Pentax will actually produce it, or just stay at entry level. I know that if they do it's going to be expensive and I'd have to sell the D to do it. Meanwhile, there's a terrier with weddings booked and no backup (the Pentax handles too differently to be useful and my lenses, while great, are not suited to pro work). So, it seems logical for me to sell my gear (which I'd be doing anyway if an upgrade came along) and cross over to "the dark side". Been thinking about it for a while, and now I've finally bitten the bullet and put it all on evilBay. Not easy...but there you go....At the end of the day a camera is a camera and I'm sure if it all sells for enough I'll greatly enjoy shopping for its replacement.
Meanwhile, I'm cameraless (well, apart from my Optio).

Jan
Since I read your post in the morning I've been thinking about this and how you might feel at the moment... I have no words to say but I am sorry about it.... Sad
Ahhhh........ Folks, please dont think I've come over all pro. Not at all, no. I just have an increasing group of interested folks.

I still stick by my "necessary to be a pro" list, ( see "I hate work" thread), a list which I cannot hope to satisfy the requirements of.
Well don't write off the Optio. At the end of the day, its the photographer not the gear that captures the images. Keep on clicking...
Jan, I would like to check out all of your e-bay listings on these items. I have never bought anything through ebay but would be more comfortable knowing it was a serious photographer well associated with this site. I dont have the funds to buy much but I am particularly interested in these:

Vivitar PK 2x converter

I have a *ist DS. I don't have any experience with converters. Will my lenses still autofocus with this vivitar converter or manual focus only? I would like to use this with my sigma 28-80 lens which has a macro switch...

Shane
Just a quick update on the gear. Though I was really quite sad Sad about parting company with Pentax I'm very pleased Big Grin with the reponse on eBay. While Pentax may have some problems there's certainly no shortage of willing buyers at the moment. Everything I put on with a "buy it now" went within 24 hours of the start - that's the body and 6 of the lenses. The rest is on auction and I'm getting a lot of questions about shipping costs to various parts of the world, with every item having "watchers" on it. It looks like it will all sell, so I'll be shopping for a new body sometime soon. For anyone that's interested, these are the items still on auction (all ending on either Sunday or Monday):

M42 LENSES:

Super Takumar 28mm f3.5
Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 Screw Mount
Vivitar 135mm f2.8 Screw Mount - with leather case
Tamron 38-100mm f3.5 Screw Mount - with leather case

K MOUNT LENSES:

Pentax A 50mm f2
Pentax M 135mm f3.5 - Rare special in Pentax tin
Pentax M 200mm f4
Sigma 70-300 4-5.6 APO Macro Super II - with box

ACCESSORIES
Vivitar PK 2x converter
Pentax Infra Red Remote switch 'F' - with box
Canon RS60-E3 wired remote release (works with *istD)
4 Rechargeable CRV3 batteries and 2 chargers

Jan

PS: Smarti - did you get my PM?
Woooo! Good stuff! Big Grin
Thanks Jan, I did get your PM. I will keep an eye on your auctions. Maybe out of my reach. Sorry it took me a while to realise you were in the UK. I guess I assume people on this forum are Australian until I see otherwise.
I will still consider some of your items though...
Thanks
Shane