DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Shuttertalk and PDAs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the market to replace my failing Palm V5 PDA - which I have organized my life with for years. One of the features that I want with my new PDA - whether it is Palm or Pocket PC - is the ability to surf the net wirelessly when I am on the road. I have been trying out a few models and the Shuttertalk website (always my first choice of test site) does not display very well - particularly the photos.

So...does anybody out there use a PDA to surf the web? How does Shuttertalk display for you? What browser/OS do you use? I like the Palm TX - but I couldn't see any photo larger than an avatar in its browser. Any suggestions? Any insights?

I realize that PDAs typically use limited browsers to conserve bandwidth, but if there is something out there that works in a manner roughly comparable to a desktop PC, I don't mind going the extra mile...
Hey Mr T...

I used to surf using a pocketpc with 240x320 resolution, and it's not a very pretty sight... I've heard the blazer web browser for palm isn't particularly good at making full use of the screen real estate...

A couple of things I used to do:

Bitstream Thunderhawk is a subscripiton service, but displays pages in landscape orientation, and does a very good job at it. Have to pay though... Sad There's another one called Netfront or something...

This one I used alot - skweezer.net - it's a web portal that strips out most of the images but leaves the text intact...

Also try pdaportal.com - has lots of pda friendly content, especially useful for stock lookups...

These days I've given up, and just resorted to using my wireless laptop around the house... Big Grin
I regularly use my HP IPAQ 2755 for websurfing... it's not pretty but I do use it to read and occasionally post to these forums.
Hey guys, there's this cool tabbed browser called Webby:
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/lordf/anorig.../webby.htm

Quote:Besides tabbed browsing Webby automatically provides the ability to scale web pages using the two top microbrowsers, Skweezer.net and Google Mobile.
Haven't tried it... but sounds pretty cool...