DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: scanners anyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

does anyone has any experience with scanners? nikon coolscans?

thanks

christian
I use a nikon coolscan 4000 ED for scanning my slides. Great quality at 4000 DPI... you do need to use the ICE software to keep images clean though.

Install easy and works great on normal slides, sucks for scanning gepe glass mounted slides though.
hi

thanks, Im just getting very fraustrated in waiting for the d200. i was thinking in getting a used 4000ED but it is very difficult to find one. i found a coolscan (LS-50 ED) new but it is very expensive. so im deveating now if i should get the scanner in mean time and later during the year get the d200. my main problem is that i f i do a job i have to send everything to perth to have it scan so im spending money in post and the scanning.

how fast is the scanner? can scan a roll of film or only a few at the times?

thanks

christian
I assume you're waiting for the price to drop?

Hey if it's for work, why not just take the plunge and deduct it as expenses from your tax? With such a large amount you can also depreciate the value over time...

Another way is to rent/do a long term lease (48 months?), and you can claim the monthly payments as an expense. My friend was renting his 350D and lenses from camera action camera house I believe...
hi

im waiting for stock and to maybe resolve the banding in the d200.

uuhmm tax... i might just have to buy it and consult a tax person.

i do not want ot rent as the equipment is never yours.

i just got back from a shoot...yeah it was great.... low light ( horroble low light!) racing cars. rain, dust, wind, smoke, and no pretty girls! it was great.

i will post some pix in a week or two...
The one I use doesn't have a roll film adapter, you can only scan negatives in strips of 3 to 5. It's not that fast at 4000 DPI.
I say get the camera! I'd like to see you post some of your own images. I've seen stuff from your past and they are great.