DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Pixmantec Rawshooter Essentials 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peto sent this to me a few days ago but I forgot to post it :/

Pixmantec have updated their range of software, including the free Essentials to the 2006 version with some pretty cool improvements.
http://www.pixmantec.com/products/rawsho...ntials.asp
Did I mention it's free? Big Grin There's also a premium version, which adds some additional functionality for professionals.

Quote:The software offers many new features, upgrades and is compatible with the most popular digital SLR camera models on the market including newly introduced models such as the Nikon D200, Canon EOS 5D, 1Ds Mark II, and 1D Mark II N, Sony R1 and several other brands and models.
I can't find a detailed list of what's changed on their site or forums.. but if you've downloaded the new version and used it, do let us know your thoughts!
Quote:The software offers many new features, upgrades and is compatible with the most popular digital SLR camera models on the market including newly introduced models ...
...but not with Macintoshes.

It's too bad. I'm looking for a better RAW converter. I've heard really great things about RSE, but can't use it. Even Sony gives its cameras Mac software, and Sony really doesn't like Apple.
ST I have downloaded this and have been having a play. First impressions.........I like it!!! I have been using canons "digital photo professional" and have to say that it feels clunky/clumsy compared "raw shooter". This is not to say its gives better results...I'll leave that up to those more qualified than me!! The PDF manual is easy to read and understand. The features and tools are great and what it lacks you can buy in the pro version. The good thing is that you dont have to be an expert to use it!! Well worth a look. So much so I think I will trial the pro version with a view to buy. Now I know why its free....Big Grin

Quote:...but not with Macintoshes.

It's too bad. I'm looking for a better RAW converter. I've heard really great things about RSE, but can't use it. Even Sony gives its cameras Mac software, and Sony really doesn't like Apple.
Matt that is a bummer ..........I think you would like it!
We worked with the free version of RawShooter for few months and we liked it a lot... We bought the premium version and it is really great...

What I like the most is that you can edit your aspect ratio for a crop so easily... I am working, specially in landscapes, with 1.618:1.000... and it seems that I have to have a diploma in advanced mathematics to do it in photoshop... I just can't do it... It has also a composition grid that helps a lot... and many other interesting features..... I really like it...
Don't you just select 'front image' when you are using the crop tool? Thats what I do to keep my ratios the same.
Schell, I don't use front page... the thing is that I would need a present to do it.... I think...