DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: What is your internet connection speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all post a lot of photos here and I was wondering what sort of download speeds everyone has? I think it would be interesting to see how the different countries compare. At the moment I have a 1.5Mb/256kb connection but as soon as they finish upgrading and migrating me I will be on ADSL2+ and can look forward to about a 5Mbps/1Mbps connection, by the end of this week I am hoping. Smile
3.4Kbps
If I worked during the day I couldn't spare the time spent waiting, yet could afford a much faster service.
A classic Catch 22.
According to "http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest", I'm at 940.4 kbps.
Download speed is 2152 kilobits per second.
Upload is 645 kilobits per second.
ADSL connection. Tested at PC Pitstop
My Comcast cable is rated at 8mb down, 768kb up.

PC Pitstop rates me at 5313kbps down, 1068 kbps up. So it's actually uploading better than they claim!

http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/ has me at 2.6 Megabits per second, so not so good there.
I dont know if this is good or not , I switched servers and i know that it is slower than i am used to.

Communications 348.8 kilobits per second
Storage 42.6 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 24.1 seconds
Subjective rating Not bad

I just copied it from the link EB put up ............Shawn
I've only got DSL 256/64kbps at home... Sad

Unmetered (unlimited) downloads/uploads though, so I guess it's ok. Big Grin
I forgot that some ISP's actually limit you total downloads etc.

My cable is unmetered.
EnglishBob Wrote:I forgot that some ISP's actually limit you total downloads etc.

My cable is unmetered.
Yeah, we're a bit backward over here... most plans still have download limits, with excess charges or shaping once you go over the limit...
i've got broadband, but dunno any more than that
ADSL2

Current Downstream: 512 kbps
Current Upstream: 864 kbps

Changed from Optus to Adam internet about six months ago. It has been much faster and very reliable AND cheaper...