DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Took the plundge ( no not a DLSR )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am so happy , i got my Circular Polorizer ( hoya ) , got a new bag Lowepro Slingshot 100 AW ( and love it ) , and i got a Qucik release for my tripod. Now i need to go shoot . LOL

............... Shawn
I got a quick release from Jessops, a real mickey mouse one. It is very badly manufactured and I think it will go back. Anyone got a Cullman Q.R., and are they any good?
The Lowepro bags are great. I have one and my wife has one.
Great! Smile
shoot shoot Big Grin
The QR that i got is a Manfrotto , to be honest its a little " stiff " to get it to lock. It does have a very strong feel to it and has a locking device so it cant be opened by bumping it on something.

The bag that i got is a nice one , its compact enough for me but will hold most of the gear that i carry. The one thing that i dont like about it is that it doesnt have a tripod holder, but i am going to get a sling of some sorts ( any good ones out there ? ) , and there isnt much room in the bag for larger lenses . It is designed for a DSLR so there isnt much space for film ( but thats no big deal for me ) it will hold around 6 rolls in 1 or the pockets .

Adam wrote
Quote:Great!
shoot shoot
i am heading out in a little while to shoot somethings i have had my eye on for a while LOL
I really like the bag. Pretty much the same design as my Tamrac Velocity but better.
Shawn, Now you have had your slingshot bag for a while, do you still like it, or would you change it?
I want a bag that can carry a tripod. So far haven't been able to find an affordable one.
NT73 Wrote:Shawn, Now you have had your slingshot bag for a while, do you still like it, or would you change it?
To be honest there just isnt any room in the bag . The bag has a lot of limitations, all i can fit in there is my camera with lens, my longest lens is a 70-300 f4/5.6 sigma, and i have enough room in it fo 2 more short lenses . All that said , when i go on a walk i dont have a bunch of weight on my back so that is a plus. There is also a few small pockets that you can fit filters , memory cards , and what ever else small i am forgetting . The other draw back to me is it wont carry a tripod very well at all. Because of the slingshot style it would think a tripod will be very diffucult to carry on the bag if you got the attachment for it.
All in all i think it great for what it is ( if that makes sence ) but it is too small for me. When i rent long lenses ( even the 70 -200 2.8 ) it will not fit in the bag . I did by a backpack style Lowpro , i think its called the mini pro . I bought it used in great condition and really like it better .

......... Shawn
Thanks Shawn.
It is nice to have a kind of review after 12 months use. I looked at the slingshot but decided against it.

I have a minipro also. I like it for carrying things but not for getting bits from it. You have to take it off first,
and I have had the camera fall out after unzipping the front. (fortunately I caught it in time)
I may add a bit of net with velcro to stop that. :/
I noticed you guys talking about bags that can carry tripods. I've have a bag that I bought that I use for my camera bag, but wasn't designed for that. Anyway, it has a mollie system on it, and I was thinking it would be pretty easy to buy some caribiners for 10 USD or something and make a quick release system where the caribiners stay on the bag and the tripod could click into them. Has anyone tried such a thing, if so did it work and how well?
Rabid Penguin Wrote:I want a bag that can carry a tripod. So far haven't been able to find an affordable one.
I use a separate tripod bag when needed.
It's long and cylindrical and made of durable black canvas with a zipper that goes across the end and along one side, plus another zipper around the other end that allows it to extend it's length for longer tripods.
The adjustable strap is long enough to wear it over the shoulder at waist height, or tightened-up across your back.

Best part is that it was only $15 or so at Ritz/Wolf camera stores.