DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Ordered New Glass.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well despite the bosses go ahead I couldn't bring myself to buy a 5D yet... so I ordered some new glass today instead.

I ended up ordering:-

Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro

Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX APO DG HSM

With the combined weight of the two of them my next purchase should be a wheel barrow! I decided that upgraded glass would do more for me right now than an extra 6 MP. Eventually I want something wider in the same type. I'll post some samples once they arrive.
Yum, they sound great! Congrats.
Good for you.

I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on the "Bigma".
Congratulations Smile

and just before spring time... great!!
lucky you EB.......I'm jealous I can't wait to see the results!

Congtats Smile
Yay, congrats! I hope it serves you well!

Is the 24-70 going to be your main lens now?
That's my intention, though it is a little heavy, and with the 1.6 crop factor I will probably still have to use the kit lens now and again. Hope to add something real wide later in the year.... though having dropped over $1500 on these two it may be awhile!
Yay, wise decision methinks! Congratulations Bob.

And sounds like a great pick of glass to me, 500mm - WOW. can't wait to see pictures!

uli
I figure with the 1.6 crop factor and my 2x converter moonshots should look incredible, IF I can get it focused manually.
Well the glass arrived.... the 500 is Heavy, cumbersome and HUGE! That is going to take some getting used to, definately going to spend most of it's time on the tripod.

I'll post some pictures once I get some taken.
Whee! I suppose they don't call it the Bigma for nothing... Big Grin
Can't wait. Wow us Craig.Tongue
Rained all day, nothng sharp at 500 mm in that Sad