DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: friends camera stolen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard that my friends house was broken into last week,
his D70 stolen, laptop stolen and external hard disk (where he stores his pictures) stolen! ahh
I think his SB800 may also be gone... :O ahh so sad

Makes me want to secure my gear...! I was thinking about getting a safe to put the gear, then put that idea away, until this happened, and makes me want to get one again... :O
Very difficult decision. A sad state of the modern culture, if you can call it that. Maybe they will take the safe..
I don't have a dummy alarm box, as I thought why advertise I have something worth pinching.
It is the personal things that upset most people. The hardware can be replaced but not the memories.Sad
Adam, sorry to hear about your friends loss.......... man that sort of stuff gets my blood boiling :mad: i guess its a sign of the times we live in. I hope he has insurance!
I am sorry for your friend... Really... Sad

We don't have any insurance... we have talked about it but just that... talk about the topic... I suggest Adam you insure your gear... I think it is the best option...
hi

uhhmm not good, at least no one was hurt.
im very sorry about it.
take care
I should back up my back ups! just incase the backups go missing!!
As for insurance, what does everyone else (particularly in Australia) use?
We got a rider attached to our homeowner's policy, just for camera gear.
Renter's policies can be modified as well.

Done over the phone in ten minutes, VERY inexpensive.
$8/year=peace of mind.
Agrred Keith. I havre all my photo gear insured at full replacement.