DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Sand World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sand World is a tourist attraction in Travemünde at the Baltic Sea. They show sculptures made of sand... We've been there yesterday, early afternoon, sun high on the sky and temperatures around 35° (Celsius, measured in the shadow). I didn't think of using a sun blocker, so I got not only pictures, but also a hefty sunburn. Anyway it was quite a lovely day... Smile

The motto of this year's exhibition is "Circus". The exhibition covers pretty much everything. A few examples are: The Roman circus, the Russian, Asian and American circus, and personalities like Oleg Popow and Houdini. The sculptures have a height of up to 6 meters. More information can be found at the Sandworld homepage.

These pictures show only a fraction of the exhibition. I hope Irma will post some more... Smile

Elefants

[Image: img_4499-01.jpg]

Asian Circus

[Image: img_4533-01.jpg]

Refreshments It was a relief to be out of the sun Smile

[Image: img_4493-01.jpg]

Photographer Kid

[Image: img_4505-01.jpg]

Roller Coaster The artist obviously has some sense of humor Smile The building in the background is the Hotel Maritim in Travemuende.

[Image: img_4570-01.jpg]

Crow On Roller Coaster

[Image: img_4578-01.jpg]

Sculpture Maintenance

[Image: img_4591-01.jpg]
Great shots Guerito - it looks very hot. I love the guy in the roller coaster throwing up.
Here are my pictures of the Sand World.... Smile
As the light was too bright I worked with my 50mm and CP filter...

[Image: DSC_4314-01circus.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4318-01roman.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4328-01sepia.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4352-01bomberos.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4366-01scene.jpg]

These two were taken with my 70-210mm..

[Image: DSC_4452-01girl.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4478-01sepiagirl.jpg]

Thanks for your comments Smile
Great series G..........wow they really get the detail into those sand models. That roller coaster is a classic!! Like the elephants too! Well captured.

Irma, Like you camel pic the pp works well!! Your last shot stands out for me too.

thanks for sharing
Great captures - well done guys. I feel like I was there.
All are great accounts of what must have been a fantastic time. The sculptures are so detailed. Great shots G and Irma. Also Irma, your last two of the kids are exceptional. Well done my freind.Smile
I'm always amazed by what people do in this most temporary of mediums. Really amazing art and amazing captures photographically.
That's so cool...obviously the creators don't have any older brothers!! LOL

Love the last 2 shots you posted Irma, just my cuppa tea!