DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Symmetrical Portraits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A while ago I was taught a new way of making portraits with a difference...
Get you subject to look at you (as square on as possible) looking right down the barrell.
During post processing experiment by copying one half of the face, flip it horizontally and paste it over the other side of the face to create a perfectly symmetrical face. Sometimes you need to do a bit of masking to make it look right. Some shots wont work at all but its interesting to see the results....

[Image: BrandonMirrorC.jpg]

I'm not brave enough to post the self portrait (because I looked like a mutant) but I would love to see some other attempts....
This is brilliant. A classic.
Sorry I look like a mutant.

.With or without the face shift.Big Grin
Different approach , i like it . I think i will give this a try see what i can come up with.

.......... Shawn
Interesting PP, even though the symmetrical doesnt appeal to me that much. Is there any chance to see the original image with the same pp ?

Great job.

/Paul L.
Paul.R.Lindqvist Wrote:Is there any chance to see the original image with the same pp ?
Paul L.
Sure...
This isn't exactly the same processing but as close as I can remember. The only difference would be in extra sharpening and contrast...

[Image: Brandon2.jpg]

Shawn - I'd love to see any results you come up with....(and anyone else!)
Thanx Shane, I really like the original.

Thanx for sharing.

/Paul L.
You have very good treatment in this portrait...

I have seen some pictures like this one and it is amazing to see how diffierent is one side of your face from the other one...