DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Six degrees...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, has anyone met or known anyone famous before? Even better... got a photo of them?

I got a bunch of photos of Jackie Chan when he was filming here in Melbourne... that's my claim to fame. I was hanging round the city after school and saw him, and rushed to a store to buy a disposable camera...

My scanner's kaput at the moment, otherwise I'd scan them in.. Big Grin
Was he acting like a goof when you saw him? I love his movies, very talented.

I went to a filming of an X-Files episode and got some autographs while up in Vancouver, geez she is short.

I know Russell Crowe, way back before he was famous, met up with him in Canada when he was beaten up in a bar during filming Wink

Crusty Demons? They're more infamous than anything.

Lots of Aussie musos
Saw him at Chingay Parade in Singapore, that was a few days before I got my 300D Sad
My encounter with John Kerry ( US Presidential candidate, if you didn't know Big Grin ):

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/view...&highlight=
Hey the buttons and header font have changed, shows how long it has been since I visited there, my last posts were enquries about cheap prices for the 10D.

Thats pretty cool Mitch, only problem is that every image comes up as a white square for me with nothing it, I guess this just isn't my day.
Oh yeah, you just reminded me... I met John Howard (Australian Prime Minister) earlier this year...
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=45
I met the late great Archie Moore in Montreal back in 1992. Played pick up hockey with Scott Hannon. Not quite famous but getting a lot of attention these days.
For those who don't know, Archie Moore is a late great world heavy weight champ. Scotty Hannon took Ed Jovonoski's place after his injury for Team Canada in the World Hockey Championships.. Plays for San Jose Sharks #22.
I met Malaysia's ex prime minister - Mahathir when I was 13. Bumped into Kylie Minogue when she visited my company's diamond's show room in the old building. No photo though Sad
Ooh.. my sister in law, who works for Qantas (airline company) had some co-workers who took these pics in the Olympic welcoming home ceremony...

[Image: 50371B.JPE]

[Image: DSCF00202.JPG]

[Image: DSCF00262.JPG]

[Image: tn_DSC019962.JPG]

The third one's of Ian Thorpe, our swimming superstar Big Grin
I've met a few famous people, but no photos to back up my claims. Never really had the urge to have my photo taken with someone famous.

I've met/seen:

Jackie Chan (martial artist/actor extraordinare)
Michael Klim (Aussie swimmer)
Ernie Dingo (Aussie local TV celeb)

That's it I think....
I have some pics of Miss Universe =) not with her tho, I am going to ty to get one while I am here, I got a pic of me with miss east coast (or australia) Erin Watts
dewy Wrote:I have some pics of Miss Universe =) not with her tho, I am going to ty to get one while I am here, I got a pic of me with miss east coast (or australia) Erin Watts

Heh heh ... the ones where her dress fell down as she was walking offstage, and the whole world saw her bum? I'm sure that was an unintentional "wardrobe malfunction" and had nothing to do with her victory ...
Got my vote!