DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Running out of space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the time im backing up my work on dvd's and using a exernal Lacie 250gb +250gb hd in my powermac for my photos.

Im starting to run out of space, and the usb 2.0 drive isnt that fast.

So i needed something bigger faster and more reliable (had a newer lacie 250gb drive) that crashed and all my photos from 2005 was gone,had important shots backed up on dvd)

Thus i ordered my first 1TB HD. Big Grin

http://www.westerndigital.com/en/product...riveID=270

they didnt have it in stock, so it probebly take a 2-3 weeks until i get it.

Will let you know how it performs.

/Paul L.
Paul.R.Lindqvist Wrote:At the time im backing up my work on dvd's and using a exernal Lacie 250gb +250gb hd in my powermac for my photos.

Im starting to run out of space, and the usb 2.0 drive isnt that fast.

So i needed something bigger faster and more reliable (had a newer lacie 250gb drive) that crashed and all my photos from 2005 was gone,had important shots backed up on dvd)
I know how that feels - looks like a great hard drive solution Paul.
That seems resonably priced too. Hmmm. Might have to look into it when all my hd's are full.
I know how you feel, Paul. I bought a 200 GB drive for photos alone, and thought that would be lots....

Oh what fools these mortals be...
So you back up onto DVD as well as the hard disk? Just to be safe, it's a good idea. I've had 2 hard disks fail on me this year. Lost too much.
To tell the truth i really need to get more selective, some times im just lazy and dont even delete the oof shots. Big Grin

/Paul L.