DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: My best friend.....would like to meet yours.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 70244405.jpg] Meet my five pound Yorkshire Terrier, Rochester.
He would be also be my best friend, he's gorgeous - well shot!
What a cutie!
Nice comp. and a nice looking dog! God Bless
In Christ,
Brad
Greta lighting and processing!
What a great shot! A cutie indeed!

The lighting is really good, and the setup/backdrop looks professional too. I like how you've left some space in the frame to the left - I think if you cropped it too close it probably wouldn't work as well...
Very good lighting, what did you use?

Uli
Thanks for all your complimentary comments. I really thought that by posting this image in the Photo Snapshots Forum that I would get to see pictures of your dogs and/or cats. I guess that I should have made that clearer in the title.

My equipment:

Canon Rebel 350/XT
Canon 17-55 F2.8 IS
Canon 580EX Speedlight
Gary Fong diffuser with dome
backdrop is a black velvet remnant draped over a chair
and most of all, a beautiful subject
This is a snapshot of Caesar, an 8 year old weimaraner that belongs to a friend who had to rush across the state today due to her mother's heart attack this morning.

He's clever and mischievious but he misses his mommy, as I tried to show here.

I've injured both my head and wrist playing with him today because he weighs over 100 pounds and has amazing energy and strength.

I have not owned a dog in almost 40 years, but this big fellow has quickly become my best friend.
More importantly I think I am his best friend right now, trying to help him feel safe and comfortable in a new home with new people while he waits for his owner to return.

[Image: kak.caesar.jpg]
Give them a little love and you will get a lot more back. Smile
Hi Soho, I did get the hint and took a couple of new shots, and then saved them to a different folder. Recently re-discovered, these were shot using my new 50mm lens, both at f/2 :

Boy Dog:

[Image: 23809-f2-grif.jpg]

Girl Dog:

[Image: 23787-f2-ariel.jpg]

The boy is very intense and needs to know about everything that happens around him. (The scars on his nose are from breaking out of wire crates and through drywall.) The girl is more mellow and prefers to act aloof, but she's always nearby, ignoring me.
Matthew- I remember your dogs from SonyCams. You took some exceptional pics of them with your 828 right after you got the flash. If SonyCams were still around, I would look at them again.

Keith- Nice shot. He really looks like he misses his mommy. Have you thought about acquiring your own? My time without a dog was almost as long as yours and then last April my life changed for the better.