DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Old Corn Crib
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was shot in the Central Plains in North Central Illinois. I just happened to be here at dusk and this old structure presented an opportunity. It is no longer there though as I am told, it was carefully disassembled to save the old weathered wood. The skeleton was constructed of yellow pine.

Old Corn Crib
[Image: 800x600wsz6.jpg]
A peaceful scene, I like it Smile
I like this shot , can i suggest a different crop ? maybe a little bit closer to the tree on the right . Very nice and peaceful shot .

.... Shawn
I also like this shot very much - lovely lighting and subject. Pastoral and peaceful.

I also would suggest a slight shave and a haircut - but I would go the other way from what Drake suggests (just my $.02)

Maybe:

[Image: 25_test.jpg]

Best
Toad
I like your picture, Rene...Very nice colors... Very difficult composition, I think... Did you worked another composition... portrait format maybe?
I looked at different formats and selected this one for 8x10 matting and framing. A different crop would lose the vastness effect of the flat Central Plains. I really didn't want to lose the top of the tree but couldn't avoid it. This image took second place in the Cedarhurst competition at the Mitchell Museum in Mt Vernon, Illinois and also in the Southern Illinois Photography Society monthly competition.

Thank you for all the positive comments. Wink
I really love it Rene - I think your crop is fine. The top of the tree would have probably made it first place Smile
hi Rene, echo the above.......I think its a great shot.

the tones and comp make for a great scene........well worth printing

PS would like to see it a bit bigger Big Grin
I agree, I like your original crop, I love how isolated the building and the tree look. Fantastic work.