DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: twenty thousand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took my twenty thousandth picture today and thought that's worth mentioning.

I wish I had picked a more spectacular view to shoot, but somehow it just happened.....

[Image: _MG_0001.jpg]

It's been a tough year for my good old 350D, and considering that it probably wasn't built for that rate of shooting (10 000 after 5 months, 20 000 in just over year), it's doing a brilliant job!

uli
20,000 in a year! Mine should last forever then.Big Grin

How do you know it is 20,000?
Congrats! I think I'm around the 7k mark... Big Grin
the camera does the counting job, I don't have to worry about that.
I am thinking about having the body serviced, or give it some kind of a treat in recognition of it's hard work, but considering where I am right now servicing is not exactly on the local menue....
My 300D shot around 8000 images in just over 2 and a half years...what a slacker am!
wulinka Wrote:the camera does the counting job, I don't have to worry about that.
I am thinking about having the body serviced, or give it some kind of a treat in recognition of it's hard work, but considering where I am right now servicing is not exactly on the local menue....
Does that include the deleted ones or just the ones you download to card(s).
good question, but I think it includes deleted ones.
Out of all those picture, have you ever had one that just took your breath away?
Lorraine
Lorraine, quite a few!

Mind you, when I got this cam I was a mere beginner. I started asking around ST to get an idea about what kind of cam I should be getting, didn't have a clue of what kind of work I would be doing with it.

Here are some I loved:

[Image: IMG_1321%20resampled%20copy.jpg]
"The Carousel", New York 2006

[Image: IMG_8382horizontal.jpg]
"Travel", New York 2006

[Image: UlrikeRichter_1.jpg]
"Angel", New York 2006

Now, my cam is the most useful tool for me to "process" what I am seeing, as I am often overwhelmed with impressions of my new environment (rural-slash-industrial eastern China).
In less than 3 months I have put together two 50 pages each photobooks with pictures of this place, and there were lots of very good picture in them.
Maybe a good example of one I really liked is this one:

[Image: _MG_5323Hühnerkoch.jpg]
"Hühnerkoch", Huainan 2006

and I am more and more trying to use the cam to really capture the magnitude of desaster in this place...
like in this one:

[Image: _MG_0842dumpsite1.jpg]
This is from the dumpsite I mentioned
earlier in the Pretty assignment.

I couldn't have used my cam more efficiently, and I have learned tons along the way.

that being said, there are many days when I feel like I wasted 2- or 3-hundred shots because nothing I shot really "takes my breath"

So I am still happily breathing and shooting Big Grin
"I couldn't have used my cam more efficiently, and I have learned tons along the way.
That being said, there are many days when I feel like I wasted 2- or 3-hundred shots because nothing I shot really "takes my breath"
So I am still happily breathing and shooting"--wulinka

The last photo takes my breath away, and I have very few of my own that I can say that about.
It's a strange feeling to love a photo that makes me so sad at the same time.

I will be hitting the 20K mark myself within a few days, and hope I can capture something that's even 1/10th as powerful before 30K passes me by.
thanks very much for your compliment!
I have to admit, the place I am at offers lots of opportunities for interesting shots, it's a very very strange world for us westerners.
The one thing I have noticed about pictures,is that it gives you the time to really look at some thing.When we observe it with our own eye we often miss (or don,t see) a lot of the smaller details around us.I really enjoy all of the photos I get to see on this site cause most are take by every day people (like my-self).And it gives me such broader view of the world that I will probably never see.
Your picture are are enchanting.
Lorraine
BeaglesToo Wrote:most are take by every day people (like my-self).
Lorraine
Who do you think would NOT be "every day people"?

Uli
I feel we don't always get the true feel of a place through pictures we see in magazine or newspapers and such depending on what angle they are trying to sell or tell.Where as (every-day people )tend to shoot randomly which I think gives one a more accurate perspective
Lorraine