DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Spyder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone using one of these on an LCD? Do you find it's something you need to do regularly, or is color drift pretty much a non-issue with newer LCDs? I'm looking at getting one because the color on this Viewsonic WV2235 just doesn't feel right - I've tweaked the color channels in Adobe Gamma but it still doesn't seem quite right on the whole.

And finally, anyone in the Vancouver/Lower Mainland area got a Spyder they'd be interested in selling off cheap or just *ahem" loaning to me for a test run?
I use a spyder on a viewsonic VX19 something or other. Use it when i get sick of the nag screen. It did make a big difference the initial time, haven't noticed much change upon repeat usage. So it holds it's settings pretty well.
I use a Gretagmacbeth Eyeone Display II, and unless the light/lamps would change dramatically (in the room where im working) i dont see any major diffrence from calibration to calibration (once you done it properly one time) But after a few months you probebly see a diffence, since monitor ages like everything else. :-)

/Paul L.