DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: I'm running for the kids tomorrow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guess what? In about 8 hours time, I'll be doing a 15k run!
http://www.runforthekids.com.au/r4k/

I've never done anything like this before, nor have I run this distance in my life, but there's a first for everything right? Big Grin

I have been training over the past few months, trying to get my fitness level up at the gym, so hopefully I'm prepared enough... wish me luck! Big Grin
I visited the site and it looks really nice, and you see lots of people in the competence...

Good luck, ST. I am sure you will arrive to the finish line... Smile
I thought you were picking them up from school. Wink
Hey everyone, I ran the race this morning, and I'm still in one piece! Big Grin

There were 26000 people who participated, and each entry fee donated around $21 dollars to a children's hospital (hence "Run for the Kids"). All in all, they managed to raise $520,000, which was an awesome effort.

The course itself was very exciting to be on - they actually closed roads for the event, and we ran through the Domain tunnel which went under the Yarra river, and then ran over the Bolte bridge which crossed over Port Melbourne. I managed to run the whole way without stopping, and clocked a time of 1 hour 27 minutes, which was a really good achievement for me...

I know my legs are definitely going to be sore for the next few days, but it was worth it... Big Grin
Congtats ST , i know you must be worn out . Looks like a great cause for the kids .

....... Shawn
Thanks Shawn...

I was ok last night, today I'm feeling pretty stiff and sore. Big Grin
People tell me it gets worse on the 2nd day... Big Grin
shuttertalk Wrote:Thanks Shawn...

I was ok last night, today I'm feeling pretty stiff and sore. Big Grin
People tell me it gets worse on the 2nd day... Big Grin
Ha! Wait till the 3rd year.

Well done Julian and for a great cause.
Great Effort Julian, the only thing running here is my AC and my nose... I have walked great distances, but never run. My best for 3 days was a 90 mile walk, was supposed to be a relay but 4 of us walked the hole 90miles. Couldn't walk for a week afterwards my feet were in such a mess!