DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Canon 40D Release Imminent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New cameras always fill me with excitement, and the Canon 40D release is no exception. Apparently, it's coming and really soon:
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news_det...p?id=14400

According to them, the specs are:
Quote:The Canon EOS 40D digital SLR camera will probably sport a 10.1-megapixel CMOS sensor measuring 22.5 x 15-mm, a 5fps burst mode, integrated anti-dust cleaning system, 2.5-inch LCD, and DIGIC II image processing,
I dunno about the 2.5-inch LCD - the screen in the pics looks more like a 3"? Maybe 3.5? Big Grin
BAHAHAHA time to sell my 30D to "keep up"? Tongue

That screen at the back is too over-the-top of me to believe!!!! hahaahaha
If you hold the camera all the controls will get in the way of your hand!
Can watch tv on it!
I want it ! thing is i am wanting a new camera , and i have been waiting to see when the 40d would come out . I bet i can get a 30d cheaper after they release the 40d . Great news , hmmmmmm maybe i should save up more and get a 40d ? yea thats what i need to do LOL ....

...... Shawn
wonder what dollars??? should be interesting

hmmmm tax return :/
Apparently release price is $1500 US. Due in stores on 9th September (US). Seeing as I still have my 300D I'm finally going to upgrade, might see if I can get one in Bangkok on my way to Oz.
That back shot is definitly fake - the Canon logo is not centred under the screen.
I feel shame sticking with my good ol' 350D beyond all these recent releases.... I'm beyond 25,000 shots, and not that i didn't have cravings at times, but in reality it has been a real workhorse and a good companion all the time, never mind 30D, 400D, 5D, 1D3..... finally 40D
Stop dribbling, after a week it will be old hat. Wait for the 40DX and then the 40DXX Big Grin
"Live View" is the best new feature.
Canon has finally learned what Olympus already knows about low light and night photography: You can't shoot when the viewfinder is so dark you can't see anything.
An LCD that 'gains up' for long exposures is what's needed at night--I'm assuming the 40D's LCD does this.
No need to upgrade. There's nothing wrong with old cameras -- I own several. Big Grin

Live view is a great feature for night and IR photography -- and any other time a tripod is used. Unfortunately, without an articulating screen, it doesn't help much for low-angle work.

The 40D looks like a nice evolution of the mid-range line. All it's missing is in-body stabilization.
KeithAlanK Wrote:"Live View" is the best new feature.
Would be great for tripod work as well, and when working with awkward angles...